BABALON and Τransubstantiation

MasterJm

You raised it as the meaning of 156 in your first post. Where did YOU find it ? I can't see it anywhere, though of course it is indeed the number of Babalon.

Yes, but i told you that i was distracted and i wanted to write 777. Treatise on Cosmic Fire was my source, just i didnt write that.

But if you google it, the word transubstantiation appears on page 156 of SEVERAL books, so maybe someone just goofed.

huh ?

By the way there is not a greek word BABALON. Ι know that BABAΛΟΝ (letter Λ not L) has really a numerological value 156, but that word means nothing in greek. It could be MΠΑΜΠΑΛΟΝ το be pronouncied corect, but then the value would be 352.

The greek word is BAΒΥΛΩΝ = 1285.

gregory

Yes, but i told you that i was distracted and i wanted to write 777. Treatise on Cosmic Fire was my source, just i didnt write that.

You then said:
Ah yes sorry i was distracted. 777 is the number of transmutation, so whence originates 156 ?

You referred to transmutation there, NOT to transubstantiation, which was what you had in your original question.

There are so many variants for the meaning of transmutation that I'm not even sure which you wanted:
  • Transubstantiation, dogmatic theory of the Eucharist in Roman Catholic theology
  • Sexual transmutation, Sexual sublimation, an attempt to transform sexual energy into creativity and thereby facilitate spiritual awakening
  • Transmuting metals in Alchemy, also known as Chrysopoeia, turning inexpensive metals, such as lead, into gold

Aeon418

This is probably a chicken and egg question, but what came first, the names or the numbers and how harmoniously the (sometimes) work?

The link between the sephira Binah and the number 156 is already well established via the Hebrew word, Zion - ציון

Crowley didn't know the correct spelling of BABALON until he scryed the 12th Aethyr in December 1909. That this name added up to 156 was, to Crowley, the confirmation of Liber AL I:22 because his Enochian vision work led to his attainment of 8=3.

MasterJm

You then said:

You referred to transmutation there, NOT to transubstantiation, which was what you had in your original question.

There are so many variants for the meaning of transmutation that I'm not even sure which you wanted:
  • Transubstantiation, dogmatic theory of the Eucharist in Roman Catholic theology
  • Sexual transmutation, Sexual sublimation, an attempt to transform sexual energy into creativity and thereby facilitate spiritual awakening
  • Transmuting metals in Alchemy, also known as Chrysopoeia, turning inexpensive metals, such as lead, into gold

LOL i understood, i suppose it is a kind of sexual transmutation, since Aleister Crowley writes that Lust symbolizes the original marriage as it occurs in nature. How is linked that transmutation to 777 or 156 ?

MasterJm

The link between the sephira Binah and the number 156 is already well established via the Hebrew word, Zion - ציון

Crowley didn't know the correct spelling of BABALON until he scryed the 12th Aethyr in December 1909. That this name added up to 156 was, to Crowley, the confirmation of Liber AL I:22 because his Enochian vision work led to his attainment of 8=3.

Nuit and Babalon is the same ?

gregory

Duquette says Nuit and Babalon are, to Crowley, two aspects of the same goddess.

Babalon is Nuit on a lower arch. She represents the earthly vessel of Nuit

Aeon418

Nuit and Babalon is the same ?
Yes. Babalon is basically a 'lower octave' version of Nuit. She is a more tangible and earthy expression of the cosmic and abstract Nuit.

MasterJm

Duquette says Nuit and Babalon are, to Crowley, two aspects of the same goddess.

Babalon is Nuit on a lower arch. She represents the earthly vessel of Nuit

Yes, i know, but in AL I:22 is speaking Nuit, not Babalon. The Star, not the Lust. The starry Sky, Nuit, not the Lust. Do you think i have right to idendify Lust with Lilith ? Anyway and what is that transmutation ? A sexual transmutation ?

Aeon418

Yes, i know, but in AL I:22 is speaking Nuit, not Babalon.

AL I:22. Now, therefore, I am known to ye by my name Nuit, and to him by a secret name which I will give him when at last he knoweth me.

Crowley identified Babalon as the 'secret name'.