hi, newbie to the forum! oracle 'routines?'

greenbeans

hi, I am new to posting in the forum (although I have checked it at odd times in the past). I love the Faeries Oracle and have been using it for about 4 years. I was never interested in tarot/oracle cards before, but the amazing artwork drew me in, and it is such a great way to commune with the Faeries. My problem is that I have never set up a regular 'routine', I tend to go mad for a few days when I have particular challenge or when I feel the connection to faery is strong, and then put it in a box for weeks/months. It is a shame, they are sulky after such long neglect (especially if i have been forgetting their advice...)

I would really like to build up a routine, say, using a one card draw each day, and a three card or faery-style reading for particular issues once or twice a week...does anyone have advice on building up a 'routine' for connecting with the fae?

a_shikhs

Hi greenbeans,
Welcome to AT.. I too have the faeries oracle and love it.. It is my favourite deck and connects real well. Infact there are threads here where you can remove a daily card for yourself and post it.. You can search this forum and find a lot of faery info here.. Enjoy browsing.. :)

diane drizzy

Hi greenbeans-I have always loved Brian Frouds faeries. In fact I still have my book from when they first came out, way too many years ago.
I do a daily card draw most days and sort of keep that faerie on my shoulder-so to speak. It sort of helps me get through the day, especially if I have someone like the Green Woman there with me!
Some days I simply like to look at the cards with no real agenda-sort of like visiting old friends.
I love to just look at them and somehow I always find something or someone new.

greenbeans

cheers!

good ideas diane and a_shikhs! i am going to try the daily card thing- yesterday's draw was oddly insightful (of course) and it will be a good way to bring my dear little (and not so little) friends back into my life....i will post it in the daily card thread if i get time...

SunChariot

greenbeans said:
hi, I am new to posting in the forum (although I have checked it at odd times in the past). I love the Faeries Oracle and have been using it for about 4 years. I was never interested in tarot/oracle cards before, but the amazing artwork drew me in, and it is such a great way to commune with the Faeries. My problem is that I have never set up a regular 'routine', I tend to go mad for a few days when I have particular challenge or when I feel the connection to faery is strong, and then put it in a box for weeks/months. It is a shame, they are sulky after such long neglect (especially if i have been forgetting their advice...)

I would really like to build up a routine, say, using a one card draw each day, and a three card or faery-style reading for particular issues once or twice a week...does anyone have advice on building up a 'routine' for connecting with the fae?

With all due respect, WHY? This deck to me, of all decks, is about spontaneity. The faeries are all about that. About not creating any plans or routines and just doing things on the spur of the moment and when it feels right, in new and creative ways.

This is the one deck, for me, that I refuse to use any routines with. Every other of my decks shuffle and choose cards in regular way. This deck I do something new each time. I pull out the deck and look at it and go "What can I do that is fun and playful with it today to find my cards?"

I don't think the faeries like routines. I think they just want to play. And they only want to be with you when you are truly ready for the contact inside in your heart.

What's wrong with only contacting them once every few months. If that's what feels right to you do it. I don't think the faeries are about changing who you are inside for them as much as learning to see who you really are and to celebrate that person for exactly what she is.

If routines are not natural to you, I don't think the faeries want them of you. They are after all part the soul of the earth and part your inner self. What is not natural to your inner self is not natural to them adn will make them uncomfortable.

Although, yes I suggest you take their advice before you put them away. It can only improve your life anyway. They ARE very wise.

It is fine if you're not a routine person. Some people are, some aren't.

Babs

greenbeans

hmm, I think I see what you're saying...too much structure is un-fae?

I certainly am not into using the faeries for elaborate spreads on a regular basis...but I think a card a day is just enough routine, it helps me keep them in mind, and get to know certain faeries better...I just like to feel I have a continued contact with the fae, or it is weird when I come back to them after 'abandonment'.

Although as you say, I am sure they don't mind being left alone for a while if it feels alright- their time is different from ours, after all. I suppose it is actually *me* who feels abandoned- if that makes sense! (not really, I know!)

I am just going through a phase of turning over a new leaf, so for now I want the Fae to support me daily...but you are right, there will be phases in future when I can let them rest for a while...to 'talk among themselves', hehe. (imagine listening into that conversation!)

SunChariot

Sorry, wasn't trying to tell you what to do or anything of course. :grin:

As long as that's what you want to do then I am sure that is what they want too... just thought you were a person who doesn't naturally like routines and then you were trying to start, probably at the prompting of someone who told you it was the right thing to do.

I know, I miss them too sometimes. They're such good friends. So much fun and they have such good advice.:grin:

And I wish you all the best with the new phase in your life,

Babs

memries

Hi greenbeans..love your posts..memries

greenbeans

faery rebellion

SunChariot- Don't worry, I know you wouldn't tell someone what to do! I think you had a good point though. The fae would laugh at me if I tried to 'discipline' their free spirits- Their revenge? housekeys would go missing, my hair would become inexplicably knotted each night, and emails would be sent to embarrassingly wrong addresses. Oh, and I would probably get food on my face when dining with my boyfriends' parents. Best not to go down that route methinks!

Memries- Um, thanks *blushes*. :)

Skydancer

Ahh .... yes ..... *lost in thought*

Things do have a way of 'going missing' don't they ...

;)

S:OL