Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Tharivol

All right, gonna take the plunge. Studying the Clow, 52 cards, one card per day. The imagery is incredibly spare, so it's gonna be a real challenge.

cherylleebest

IDS week 4 update

Hi guys!

I've been making good progress with my IDS, taking tons of advice from you guys and Aeclectic in general. I'm doing a variety of tasks to keep me engaged with my deck:
-detailing personal reflections on a card each week
-posting general thoughts on cards in the RWS forum
-posting in RWS daily draws (card for reflections on my day)
-doing a weekly 3 card reflective reading
-posting in the readings area
-picking a predictive card just for fun and posting in fun and games

I've also been brave and taken a big step forward - I created a blog today. Yay, me! My aim is to start small and try to post a reading per week. I did a deck conversation today and was over the moon with the reading.

Here's the link:
Click Website in the post frame

Please come visit and say hi!
Keep well!
xxx

Cactus

Nice blog! It is really good that you are writing as you learn. Writing helps absorb new information and to process your feelings.

Now sticking with the blog is the next thing you shoud do! How do you think you'll do with that? I can't stick with something for a long time. It's a liability for me if I promise I'll do something long term for someone, because I then lose interest and end up walking away and upsetting the person!

That's why I don't work outside the home! I'm a terrible employee because I can't stick with anything.

It is wonderful that you have the excitement to extend tarot into blogging. It makes the experience even richer.

cherylleebest

Cactus said:
Nice blog! It is really good that you are writing as you learn. Writing helps absorb new information and to process your feelings.

Now sticking with the blog is the next thing you shoud do! How do you think you'll do with that?

Hi, Cactus!

Thanks for looking. I know exactly what you're saying about sticking with stuff. That's why I've only committed to something small. I reckon I can cope with posting just one reading a week - I'm doing that anyway on my own, might as well make it public. I guess one of the advantages in being involved in a group like this is that others will see my post and hopefully share their blogs with me. The cameraderie of having a shared goal can help keep you motivated.
x

rwcarter

Tharivol said:
All right, gonna take the plunge. Studying the Clow, 52 cards, one card per day. The imagery is incredibly spare, so it's gonna be a real challenge.
Welcome aboard Tharivol! I've added you to the master list.

Rodney

nicky

update

My friends and family now think I have fallen off the deep end.. I have a pile of Crowley books sitting next to my desk with various Thoth cards hanging out as page markers... friend have now started rolling their eyes because everything ends up being about Kaballah, Thoth etc.

LOL
Nicky

Tharivol

Nicky: that's hilarious. Wouldn't even want to know some of the comments...

Rwcarter: thank j00!

Faolainn Storm

I have to admit I have done nothing in the last two weeks. We have had an incredible heatwave 40-45°C (104-113°F for those of you living in countries that insist on using antique systems ;) :D) everyday for nearly a week. Even at night it didn't drop below 35°C (95°F). This week has been not much better – 30-35°C (86-95°F), but at least its cool enough at night to sleep. The forecasts for next week look much better, so hopefully I'll get something done then.

Until then, I'll simply have to dream about my deck, and pray for winter to come sooner rather than later!

FS

rwcarter

Faolainn Storm said:
I have to admit I have done nothing in the last two weeks. We have had an incredible heatwave 40-45°C (104-113°F for those of you living in countries that insist on using antique systems ;) :D) everyday for nearly a week. Even at night it didn't drop below 35°C (95°F). This week has been not much better – 30-35°C (86-95°F), but at least its cool enough at night to sleep. The forecasts for next week look much better, so hopefully I'll get something done then.

Until then, I'll simply have to dream about my deck, and pray for winter to come sooner rather than later!

FS
Oh, puh-lease! The Devil in the Legacy makes my temperature rise higher than that! }) }) })

Jyscal

The heat has been pretty intense by us too, but only reaching about 32'C. It may have been the heat, but i think i see 21 trees on the Knight of cups. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Ive checked in the books i have, but it dose'nt mention anything i can see. Nice blog ive added it to my following list.