Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

rwcarter

Nicky,

If you're just posting your draw to show us what you got, it's fine to put it in this thread. But if you want us to discuss it, it should go in Your Readings.

It sounds like you and sravana have a better handle on your relationships with your Thoths though.

Rodney

rachelcat

Wow! Sravana and Nicky, I'm glad my Thoth isn't cranky. That would be kind of spooky! But I'm glad you're getting a handle on it!
(Totally off topic: The only continually cranky deck I have is the Jane Austen. No matter what, it gives me negative readings. So I did a deck interview with it, and it pretty much said it was jealous and wanted to be my only one. I'm not ready to do that, so back on the shelf it went!!

Back on topic: I've been reading your thread, Nicky. Looking good!

I just posted my very first IDS post: on Thoth Lovers. I'm still behind by two cards/days, but I'm determined to catch up!

MistressNatasha

Me!

rwcarter said:
If you don't see your name above, please post here in the thread and/or PM me and I'll make sure you get added.

Oh! I'm still going with the Gilded! =] Thanks!

rwcarter

MistressNatasha,

I've added you back to the list. :D

Rodney

MistressNatasha

Yay!

Thanks, Rodney! =]

Have a nice weekend! I might not be around for quite some time (or reading Tarot) since tomorrow I'm going ice skating for the first time and will most likely break something. Haha! *Goes Off To Ask Her Cards About Tomorrow* XD

cherylleebest

IDS week 3

I'm only on the High Priestess! I've got so much to learn, but the journey is great. My head was spinning after the Magician and all the potential of that card. Is it normal to feel like that? Anyway, I feel much calmer with the HP.

Skimo

My IDS is going on with the Deviant Moon Tarot,

I have some trouble with posting on the study group everyday, I may just post 7 cards a week when I have enough time.

Anyhow, having a little more time to think about the card is not a bad thing.

Rodney, I will send pictures of my DM trimmed as soon as I have a moment, enough light and my digital camera around.

2_Journey

Hi Skimo,

I trimmed the white borders off the Deviant Moon when I first got it back when it was released. It helped the cards immeasurably in my opinion. They are so dark (in hue) that the white borders seemed to clash. I'll be interested to hear how you're doing with the DM. I love the look of it but found I couldn't read with it.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering if anyone is carrying their IDS decks around with them (as seems to be popular with some people here). I have been leaving it on my altar, though I almost brought it out with me and my friends last night as I know one of my friends has asked before for a reading. I actually took it out of my bag after putting it in because I realized that I am just not ready to read for others with it. I so rarely read for others anyway, and this deck is turning out to feel so personal that I'm not sure I want to.

Now that I think about it, I seem to be moving away from reading for others at all, and more towards using the cards for self exploration and creativity for myself. This is actually pretty interesting because I used to do readings for my friends and family all the time, but now am tending to view tarot as more an outgrowth of my own spirituality. I wonder if this is a natural progression of my tarot studies, or related to the fact that I am using a deck that feels so spiritually charged to me.

rwcarter

2_J,

Might you keep your IDS deck just for you but read for others with a different deck or decks? Does that thought hold any interest at all?

For me, I'm kinda going the opposite way. I started off 17 years ago using tarot primarily as a tool of insight for me and did very few readings for others. In the last year I've probably done more readings for other people than I did in the entire 16 years before that. I think everyone's tarot journey is different.

Rodney

2_Journey

rwcarter said:
Might you keep your IDS deck just for you but read for others with a different deck or decks? Does that thought hold any interest at all?

:eek: That would be cheating! :eek: :p

Actually, I had thought of having a deck that I use primarilly for readings for others, something friendly with fairly harlmess artwork, but I think that's for later. Right now I'm enjoying my journey through the cards, which I feel like I never did the first time around when I was first learning tarot. I did readings for all of my friends the very first night I had my first tarot deck. I used the LWB and the readings were probably awful, but I kept doing readings regularly after that for a while. It feels like for me tarot was always "public." I feel like with the Four Elements I am starting again because reading with nonscenic minors is so new for me, and I'm enjoying the quality alone time I'm having with the cards before making them "public" again.

I'll know when that time is up, though, and then I have thought about investing in a deck that is my "public reading" deck, as opposed to decks I use for spirituality. But then, maybe my private time with the cards won't ever be up, and they'll become a tool of my own spirituality. Lately I've been using them alot for creativity as well, so we'll see. It feels like I'm experiencing growing pains as tarot settles into its new role in my life.