How the other person feels about a potential relationship with you spread

aibhlin

bleu_bell said:
Aibhlin- The Lovers for something that turns them off, hmm.. I don't think slutty would apply unless maybe it was reversed, but even then, I think that would be a stretch. Is there some reason they may think you're already involved with someone? Or perhaps they are afraid of the connection between you, the way they feel drawn to you? Maybe they're not looking for a full blown relationship and think that is what would happen if they pursued you? That is an odd card to get as a turn off.

I was mighty preplexed when I turned the card over... But I think maybe you're right, it could be something about being afarid of the connection we have. I'm slightly less confused now, thanks!

purple_scorp

Hi Aibhlin,

the Lovers card is often about a choice that we need to make. In some decks, you see it is a choice between two women. So, perhaps that's what it's more about in your reading.

And to all, I'm interested to know how you are using this spread? Are you thinking that someone you know might be interested in having a relationship with you and using this spread to work out if it would be successful? Or are you using it to read their minds to find out what they think about you? Because, if it's the latter, then, I don't know how you can measure that, without asking them if what you've uncovered is true.

Comments anyone???

with love
purple_scorp

bleu_bell

I think that it may be a combination of the two, or at least that's what I had in mind when I created it. It may go against some people's ethics to do such a reading and if that's the case then I'm ok with that. I don't know if that's where you were going PurpleScorp, but it seemed that it might be. I leave it to others to decide what they feel is right, and quite honestly, I don't see the harm in it.

Moonbow

Moderator note.

Please remember that Tarot Spreads is not the forum for card interpretations. As blue_bell has kindly responded to three requests I will leave these in place but further requests for help with reading cards should be posted in Using Tarot Cards.

Thanks
Moonbow*

purple_scorp

Hi bleu_bell,

actually, no it wasn't the ethics I was questioning. It was more that people were posting in this thread of their success with your spread. I even posted how well it worked with one of my oracle decks ;).

But afterwards I thought, hmm, how can I know for sure that what the cards said is how the man in my spread actually feels.....unless of course I ask him. And then I questioned mysElf, well, why did I do the spread in the first place and I think it was more for me to investigate the outcome of a relationship rather than his interest.

So, then I wondered why others had chosen to do this spread. Curiosity.....

with love
purple_scorp

Asenath

aibhlin said:
I did this spread and liked it a lot, however, I got the lovers in the "something about you that repells the person in question" position which seemed a bit odd to me... Does this mean he thinks I'm slutty?

Maybe you appear too clingy/needy?

bleu_bell

Oh, well I didn't mean to offend if it seemed like I was trying to defend it. I know ethics can be kind of a touchy subject sometimes, so I'm sorry for jumping to that conclusion. I know what you mean about wondering if it can be accurate, I've used this spread on myself and wondered the same. But if you look at it that way then most of the spreads we do could be questioned in the same way, how can we possibly know anything without having facts to back it up? I get into this dilema in my mind, the overly analytical side of me coming out, but I just try to treat this spread like I would any other reading I've ever done. I try to compare what I know with what the cards seem to be showing me and a lot of the time it fits or makes something (some behavior or something said) more clear. Of course with this spread it's hard not to try and twist what certain cards may mean in certain positions, who really wants to know what turns their "would-be" love off about them? That can be a hard pill to swallow.."The Hermit?.. and here I thought I was being mysterious and sexy..." I guess overall, if your intuition tells you there's something there then there probably is, even if it's just a better look at why you're asking.

Again, I apologize. I didn't mean to be the curiosity that squashed the cat. :)

purple_scorp

Hi bleu_bell,

Don't worry, I have a very over-analytical mind too. :)

Yes, I guess you could question accuracy on a lot of readings, especially for those ones (like yours) that are about a third party. I'd never really thought much about it though until I did your spread.

Thanks for going to the trouble of explaining.

with love
purple_scorp

Algerd

bleu_bell said:
Wow, I'm so tickled that everyone seems to like this spread so much. :) Thank you all for the kind comments.

Algerd- The 4 of cups in position 6 would (to me) mean that this person may realize there's potential and that the other person is interested but not have the energy or desire to pursue it. Perhaps they want to be pursued vs. having to make any effort. It also depends on what the other cards were. It could also mean a lack of self esteem, kind of an "Eeyore" (from winnie the pooh) type attitude, expecting problems or having doubts about the other persons interest level. Then there are people who see it as a "stable" 4, content with the way things are right now, though this is something I've always had a hard time seeing in this card.
Thank you very much for your interpritation 4 of cups. I know this situation from within. He and She, I think, are loving each other, but both at present time don't devorsed. In spite of the fact that he depend that she will be alone and joining with him, she not sure will be good for her this union or no. I think you have understood what I mean:) Sorry for my english.