PC's and Mac's

Are you a Mac user or a PC users

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scarlet27

PC on the daily basis, though I completely prefer MAC whenever I get to choose =) Those are both gorgeous and functional.

The Fool

I can use a PC, but both at work and home I have Macs. I recently got one of the new 23" iMacs and love it! It replaced an older G4.

I can't seem to get my Airport base station to work though. It is near my wife's MacMini since she has the internet connection but I can never get the settings to work so that I can access it from my iMac. And when i do, it throws the whole network off and I have to start from scratch.

Any ideas for a fix would be appreciated before I pull my hair out. I can be such a fool....
;)

((I posted questions on the Apple Forums but never got a reply that helped))

Hooked on TdM

I have two PC's, but I would love to get a Mac Laptop and try it out..

Hooked

Gavriela

I have an ancient PC and a slightly less ancient Mac laptop (G3). The Mac is definitely better, but I use both of them.

Sheri

I am a Mac user and we have a little Macbook laptop for traveling. However, in the house, we also have a PC with Linux and a couple of PCs with Microsoft XP on them (son and girlfriend play WOW on them exclusively).

At work, I am forced to use a PC and Microsoft products... which makes things really difficult because we constantly have to review and test patches! :(

The favorites are the Macs and the Linux box, though! No problems at all with them. I'm going on my 3rd year with my iMac G5 (20-inch) which I have used every day at least 6 hours a day since I bought it in 2005.

Once I went Mac, I never went back :D

:love: valeria

missycab

PC user here.

Macs are very, VERY expensive here, and it's also difficult to find software and a technical service (they are usually in the capital of our country, so if you live in another place it's complete mess).

thorhammer

I'm like missycab - Macs are very expensive and "isolated" here, so it was PC because I just don't have the "smarts" to deal with issues myself, so I need some backup readily available.

I'm inclined to think that this poll will be, by its very nature, skewed in favour of the Mac users, because that sector tends to be very strongly faithful to their OS of choice, while PC users tend to be a bit more "blah" about it.

Just my two cents.

\m/ Kat

gregory

I'm on a PC now; my first experiences were on Macs. I am happy using either one; I think the Mac is more stable - but when the dreaded bomb does show up I did find it harder to recover. My main beef with Macs is the cost of software.

I do miss shufflepuck though - is it available for PCs ????? I was REALLY good at that !

BTW surely the organiser could be used on a Mac by using the Windows simulator ???

Sulis

gregory said:
I'm on a PC now; my first experiences were on Macs. I am happy using either one; I think the Mac is more stable - but when the dreaded bomb does show up I did find it harder to recover. My main beef with Macs is the cost of software.

And the cost of the hardware - Macs are so expensive - yes they seem to have fewer problems but I've been using the same ASUS PC laptop for three years and I've never had any problems with it.
My husband has a Mac because he's a music producer and the software he uses is only available on a Mac but it costs a fortune.

I'm quite happy with my PC - I think ultimately it depends what you want your computer to do.

Lion-O

I use several architectures but none of them Mac ;) My main workstation and server are all x86 based, so mere PC's. And then I have a few Sun boxes which use a sparc architecture.

Still, in the overall its the PC for me.