PC's and Mac's

Are you a Mac user or a PC users

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigcaat

gregory said:
Orphalese..... :)
Just went and did some research, but I can't figure out why I would use this program. How do you utilize it and for what?

That said, my husband just told me there's a freeware program made by Sun that does the same thing as Parallels. It's called, "VirtualBox."
( http://www.virtualbox.org )

He's never used it, but he's heard very good things about it. It doesn't have all the features of Parallels, but many people don't need all the features anyway. (You do still have to pay for Windows, but if you're on Windows already and switching over, that's not an issue.)

Maybe I'll have him download Orphalese and use it on his computer just to see what it does. It would have to be pretty spectacular for me to put Windows on my computer, but I'll keep an open mind for a tarot program. ;)

Caat

gregory

It's free after all - though limited unless you pay to register. You can use it to read with and you can save your readings; create spreads, compare cards from all sorts of decks.... (not much use unless you register as you can only use three decks with it if you don't !)

Many here think well of it - there are threads. It IS the best there is.... but if you don't want a tarot programme then don't bother !

bigcaat

gregory said:
It's free after all - though limited unless you pay to register. You can use it to read with and you can save your readings; create spreads, compare cards from all sorts of decks.... (not much use unless you register as you can only use three decks with it if you don't !)

Many here think well of it - there are threads. It IS the best there is.... but if you don't want a tarot programme then don't bother !
Kind of what I thought. Probably not for me. I like the feel of the cards. Kind of like the difference between reading the news online and sitting down with a newspaper on a Sunday morning. I still like the paper. ;)

Caat

Greg Stanton

WolfyJames said:
If we were still on Windows 98, you might still be true, but with Windows XP, alternative browsers (I use Opera), the best anti-virus out there (Kaspersky) and an excellent fire-wall (Zone Alarm), I have yet to get a virus since I got XP years ago. I've been shopping wisely too.
Well, Mac has a firewall in the system, so you dont' need to purchase one separately. Never used an anti-virus program, and have never needed one.

I wasn't referring to software though. Macs have a variety of ports, a built-in camera, sound and fairly sophisticated video. Most PCs would require upgrades or add-ons to bring them up to a comparable configuration -- and you'd end up spending more for a PC in the end. While many folks think Macs are more expensive, I've found quite the opposite to be true.

iceclone

^ I agree.

I also have a mac... too bad I didn't get a chance to vote in the poll.

gillian

Mac laptop and PC desk computer! Even at the different companies I work with they vary from Mac to PC. I think I prefer Mac though. :)