Tarot for Writers

Disa

Chara, have you gone to the Saturday class yet?

I've been a few times. I just wanted to tell you (and anyone else who might be trying to work up the courage to join) that there is nothing whatsoever to be afraid of. Corrinne and all the others will make you feel right at home- really :) And as far as discipline in a can- the Saturday classes are that for me. The times I have gone I was much more disciplined about my writing. In fact, I need to get myself to another class soon, very soon.

Anyway, just a little encouragement- Be not afraid :)

CorrineKenner

I'm really glad to hear that so many people like the book -- and I'd like to echo what Disa wrote. Seriously, don't be afraid to join the Tarot for Writers group on Saturday mornings. One of our rules is that we don't try to write well -- we just write fast. We even encourage typos!

http://tarotforwriters.meetup.com

Chara

I haven't been to a meetup yet, but I'm working up my nerve.

But writing fast, not well, is definitely something I can get behind! ;)

tigerlily

}) Thanks to all you enablers, the book is on its way to me... :rolleyes: this forum is bad, bad, bad...

Dragon Rider

My copy from Amazon arrived here in my country 2 weeks ago. I read it in two sittings (Saturday afternoon and the whole day Sunday). I've been reading Tarot and also a professional writer for more than a decade, but I never thought of combining my two great passions in a productive manner like this.

Many thanks to Corinne!!! *hearts*

papercut

This book sounds interesting. I've been interested in tarot as a creative prompt / writer's tool for a while now.

Incidentally I have found the World Spirit deck to be absolutely excellent for this purpose.

I might look into ordering this book.

sapienza

papercut, I can imagine the World Spirit would be good in that regard.

I've also been considering getting this book. I love writing but the truth is I'm somewhat (ok, very) lazy. I'm thinking perhaps this book might give me some motivation seeing it combines writing with tarot.

allecto

Just found this thread - the book sounds fascinating. I noticed on first post that the books says that it's suitable for any type of writing. Those of you who have been working with the book - do you think it would be helpful for non-fiction writing? I'm writing a research thesis and have often asked my cards for help when I'm stuck. even though I'm supposedly writing something 'factual,' I still see it as a creative endeavour. I'm really interested by how enthusiastic you all are about this book. When plot and character aren't really at issue, do you think the book would still be of use?

sapienza

I'd also be very interested to hear peoples thoughts regarding allecto's question :)

Chara

allecto said:
Just found this thread - the book sounds fascinating. I noticed on first post that the books says that it's suitable for any type of writing. Those of you who have been working with the book - do you think it would be helpful for non-fiction writing? I'm writing a research thesis and have often asked my cards for help when I'm stuck. even though I'm supposedly writing something 'factual,' I still see it as a creative endeavour. I'm really interested by how enthusiastic you all are about this book. When plot and character aren't really at issue, do you think the book would still be of use?

Well, I'm not using it to write nonfiction, but I will say that looking at it, I'm not entirely sure how it would be helpful for that. But then, I haven't tried...but if I wanted to try, I wouldn't be sure where to start.