spreads on your pc

Le Fanu

OK, so you're sitting at work, no cards at hand and you fancy doing a quick, discreet tarot consultation on a private issue...

Which do you think are the creme de la creme of those sites where you can click & do a sample draw?

I know the Vieux Jours Lenormand site allows you to do a quick one-card draw, but it isn't tarot. I'm looking for an attractive, easy to use site which I can add to my favourites and which allows me to do quick, on-screen one (or ideally 3 or 4 ) tarot card spreads...

nisaba

<cackle> I'd sort out 78 (or possibly 22) pins with different-coloured heads, differently-bent paperclips, and a few scraps of paper with card-names on them/. Then I'd cup the lot in my hands and toss, and read from the centre outwards until I had enough "cards". Why bother with sites?

And le Fanu, for the record, I'm now officially concerned about your mental health. After all, I wouldn't be caught dead without a deck or two on me away from home, under any circumstances. And in the past, you've said that you keep a few decks in your office.

Have you been burgled at work? Has the office burnt down? I'm terribly concerned about you, that you'd have to even consider alternatives to your at-work decks.

Libra8ca

nisaba said:
And le Fanu, for the record, I'm now officially concerned about your mental health. After all, I wouldn't be caught dead without a deck or two on me away from home, under any circumstances. And in the past, you've said that you keep a few decks in your office.
I don't keep any decks at my office desk; also I can't see how it would be possible to do a discreet reading; I'd probably drop all cards on the floor..... and that would be embarrassing!
So I'm left to resort to computer based readings- my favorites so far are Llewellyn.com and Facade.com. They help me get through the work day! :)

AineFoley

I have a deck stashed away in my office in college - I don't often read with it but it's my adult safety blanket! :)

gregory

Yes nissy - I don't know what it's like in the upside down world - but except on my coffee break, where I would leave the room, there were easily three people who SAT within sight of my doing that stuff on my desk, and many more who could wander past. Not to mention if it is a PRIVATE issue I'd rather not draw attention to what I was doing - people would have tried not to look, in fact - but still.

Leffy - I would suggest one of the creator sites - I'm sure I've been to some looking at decks where they offered readings.

Libra8ca

gregory said:
Leffy - I would suggest one of the creator sites - I'm sure I've been to some looking at decks where they offered readings.

The Greenwood Tarot site also offers readings. I don't know of any other creator sites that do; but I'd love to know of more.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
Have you been burgled at work? Has the office burnt down? I'm terribly concerned about you, that you'd have to even consider alternatives to your at-work decks.
True, I always have decks at work, in bag, down pants, wherever, but - you know how it is - wrists sometimes too limp to shuffle.

Sometimes I feel like an on-screen draw. And some decks - like the Vieux Jours Lenormand - are actually better on screen than in the hand.

Yes, it was the creator sites I was thinking of. I'd forgotten the Greenwood site offered draws. That may well end up being the best. Must go & check out...

ETA; The cards that come up for draws on the AT site (the ones I drew) are a bit ugly...

Jaqueline

I'm with Libra - I sometimes do Facade.com & Llewellyn.com. Facade also has Runes, which I would like to know more about, & this is a way to "play".

ok - going off now to try *not* to imagine the deck down the pants . . .

MrAndrewJ

I really enjoy Facade. It's relatively free of popups and clutter and has some very interesting decks.

It's very much a pro/con issue. I don't think they have updated the site since the 90s. For that same reason, it works great on my Android phone.

I just tried Llewellyn for the first time. Interesting spreads. Great way to market their own cards. :D I may have to bookmark it.