spreads on your pc

reader_brad

small deck

I would have to opt for the tiny tarot deck that the shoppes sell. they are about one inch square ( 3 centimeters for you metric people )

SunChariot

Le Fanu said:
OK, so you're sitting at work, no cards at hand and you fancy doing a quick, discreet tarot consultation on a private issue...

Which do you think are the creme de la creme of those sites where you can click & do a sample draw?

I know the Vieux Jours Lenormand site allows you to do a quick one-card draw, but it isn't tarot. I'm looking for an attractive, easy to use site which I can add to my favourites and which allows me to do quick, on-screen one (or ideally 3 or 4 ) tarot card spreads...

I have Orphalese on my computer, which to me us the best as you choose your own cards . Even though it is ON the computer you're the ibecfoing the reading, not some machine.

Babs

Wendywu

Yeah but one work place I attend states that loading your own programs into its computer systems is a sackable offence...... (actually that place won't let you visit websites that aren't work connected either). Thankfully I'm not there very often!!

gregory

One feels obliged to point out :angel: that the people you work for are paying you to work for them, so they have every right to make sure you are actually working when on their time.

The place I worked allowed us to surf to our heart's content ON OUR BREAKS, though not to install software (you can operate Orphalese from a stick, I think, though !!! that would be my ideal solution; great programme !) I thought that was a nice compromise; some of our sites (where they didn't trust people, I guess) had stand alone machines for use at these times... They did do random monitoring, and one guy who persistently surfed had his web access SEVERELY limited. He quit soon afterwards. (It was a colleague turned him in, and if she hadn't I would have; we were all having to do his work while he whined to management about wanting more training....)

Le Fanu

gregory said:
One feels obliged to point out :angel: that the people you work for are paying you to work for them, so they have every right to make sure you are actually working when on their time
I say work, but work for me can be quite a loosely defined thing. Could be a translation at home on the pc. Also, some Saturdays I have to be at work supervising and I am not paid for it. They wouldn't begrudge me a little spread.

What annoys me most is that those who smoke get no end of 5 minute breaks to nip down to the street and puff away. I don't know what it's like elsewhere but here when I walk down the street I see crowds of people outside office blocks all puffing away and chatting. I think of all their penalised non-smoking workmates upstairs.

Think of my harmless little spread as the equivalent of a cigarette break.

The sites I like so far are the Alchemical & Greenwood (have I already said that?). I have to say some of these sites I'm looking at are not at all user-friendly. I'm rather amazed at how user unfriendly they actually are.

I want something where the page comes up, click to shuffle and it's done.

I give a site less than 10 seconds to make sense to me then I click the little red cross.

gregory

Oh I know - just a lot of people do seem to think they have the right to use company time to faff around. Like the guy who left when they prevented him. The idea that your employer has the right to say you have to WORK when on their time seems alien to some people.

That extra time out for smokers is unfair. As you couldn't smoke EVEN IN OUR OFFICE CAR PARK, any smokers had to walk so far they had to wait till lunch :D But they should have to fit it into the coffee breaks non-smokers get. i.e. instead not as well.

PS here's a new one from advertisements here:

Le Fanu

I never actually have official breaks. I just keep working and working and working, have a snack while working, but if I want a break or I want to nip out I can, whenever I want. But the smokers, they must have about 6 or 7 five minute breaks a day. It all adds up.

What's a little 3 card spread on the pc compared to this...

ETA; gregory! That's the best, the clearest one yet. Fast-tracked to favourites!

gregory

Le Fanu said:
I never actually have official breaks. I just keep working and working and working, have a snack while working, but if I want a break or I want to nip out I can, whenever I want. But the smokers, they must have about 6 or 7 five minute breaks a day. It all adds up.

What's a little 3 card spread on the pc compared to this...
Nutting. :* I was just saying - as there are people, here even, who seem to think it unreasonable if their employers mind them surfing at work !

See my edited post for a new site.