Any good tarot movies?

gregory

Just discovered one - I had no idea; I bought it because it was cheap and had Scarlett in it...

Scoop, with Scarlett Johansson. Features a Tarot Card Murderer - not many cards seen, but still, good fun and a great laugh.

jdev

I will have to look that one up, G. Netflix is streaming Imaginarium so I can watch that at my leisure. I believe I tried to watch it once and wasn't in the mood.

jdev

[size=+3]THE RED VIOLIN IS NOW STREAMING ON NETFLIX!
[/size]

Ashtaroot

Thanks just wantched it :)
Good one..

Jade4813

Not really a Tarot movie, but in the movie "What's the Worst that Could Happen?" (I think is the name), there's a character who does a number of Tarot readings for another character. I don't remember much about the movie (since I wouldn't call it "good" - so I guess it fails on both aspects of your question, perhaps!), except that at one point, the Tarot reader pulls out an...eight of swords (I think?) card. It shows a man with eight swords sticking out of his head. The other character asks if there's a worse card, and she says something like, "Well, I guess the guy with nine swords in his head is worse off, but at this point, is there that much of a difference?"

I also recently "watched" (really "mostly slept through") an old James Bond movie where Jane Seymour plays a Tarot reader in a really ridiculous hat. It seems to me that the whole plot of that movie revolves around how the bad guy wants her by his side to read his cards...until she sleeps with Bond (of course) and loses her Tarot Mojo.

... I'm totally going to start referring to my "Tarot Mojo" now. ;)

jdev

I also recently "watched" (really "mostly slept through") an old James Bond movie where Jane Seymour plays a Tarot reader in a really ridiculous hat. It seems to me that the whole plot of that movie revolves around how the bad guy wants her by his side to read his cards...until she sleeps with Bond (of course) and loses her Tarot Mojo.

... I'm totally going to start referring to my "Tarot Mojo" now. ;)

How DARE you ridicule any aspect of this movie. I am appalled. It was the catalyst for my renewed love of tarot. And I know for a fact I am not the only man on this site whose love was sparked by Domino and her cape and hat. Strange that you should mention this gem because I have the 007 tarot deck complete with book and spread cloth coming to me in the mail. Good day, madame. I SAID GOOD DAY. :p

Schnee

Wasn't her name Solitaire? (Can you tell that movie basically inspired me to pick up Tarot "because it's so glamorous"!?)
I don't think I will ever own the deck, or at least read with it tough. The artwork just doesn't do it for me..

jdev

Yes! Solitaire! I knowed it was some kind of game! :p The artwork I LOVE! And the backs have this cool 007 motif. They are BAD. BOTTOM. Woot Woot! I will post a reaction video when I receive them. Yeah, I know they are only Fergus Hall's cards but the BACK with that 007 motif makes all the difference. If I had that reading table with the built in cape I would be SO HOT.

Wasn't her name Solitaire? (Can you tell that movie basically inspired me to pick up Tarot "because it's so glamorous"!?)
I don't think I will ever own the deck, or at least read with it tough. The artwork just doesn't do it for me..

greatdane

Not a Movie, but a short-lived series

Blood Ties...in one episode, a vampire and human go into a store that has tarot reader on the front window in neon and the woman who reads is portrayed as scary and bad (not necessarily for her tarot reading). Anyway, fun, kind of campy series out of Canada.

Teheuti

A great tarot movie with Tyrone Power is Nightmare Alley based on the book by the same name, written by William Gresham. Each of the chapters in the book is based on a tarot card.

You can find lots more on my blog post called "TV & Movie Tarot Watch List" - link on my profile page.

One of the greatest short tarot scenes is in "Touch of Evil" and features Orson Welles and Marlene Dietrich. A clip of it is in the Watch List. I like to watch it over and over.