Promethea (comic book)

herself

Ditto on the Promethea love :)

It also looks great on the iPad!

sumunda

oh no! are you saying it's in the DC Comics app? And I can have it with me everywhere I go? oh I must resist. :)

it's in comixology!

starlightexp

Darn it all now I have to get that app..

Babalon Jones

My Book 5 is here! With a BIG thanks to sumunda!!! (Sent you an email!)

I am surprised I am not reading it right now, lol, but I am being good and just taking a short break on here (from working on my taxes - fun :rolleyes:) at the moment. then going to do my post writing, THEN a bath and finally, delve into my books. (Promethea and Women of the Golden Dawn currently going simultaneously now. I think after all the mental work my brain may opt for Promethea tonite! :) )

frac_ture

I am surprised I am not reading it right now, lol, but I am being good and just taking a short break on here (from working on my taxes - fun :rolleyes:) at the moment. then going to do my post writing, THEN a bath and finally, delve into my books. (Promethea and Women of the Golden Dawn currently going simultaneously now. I think after all the mental work my brain may opt for Promethea tonite! :) )

Yay for more Promethea love, and I'm so happy to hear you got that Book 5 -- oddly enough, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for word of that (I need closure!). I hope you enjoy the homestretch of the series as much as I and some of the other vocal fans did! Would love to hear any reactions you might feel like sharing.

And now that I've finally taken the plunge and become a subscriber, I decided to spread even more Promethea love via my new avatar: the Mobius Strip image from Sophie and Barabra's trek through Hod! I still think it's one of the greatest two-page spreads in comics I can ever recall seeing...:)

starlightexp

I can't wait to hear what you think of how it ends. (Now I have to go back and re-read them)

sumunda

My pleasure Babalon. So glad to hear that you received it. The Rosetta is doing wonders for me btw :)

frac_ture, I'm loving your mobius strip avatar. When I first read those pages I swear I went around them for about an hour and had to put it down for a breather before I turned to the next page to continue.

got my paperback copies back from the friend I lent them to. no reaction apart from 'I'm done.'

frac_ture

frac_ture, I'm loving your mobius strip avatar. When I first read those pages I swear I went around them for about an hour and had to put it down for a breather before I turned to the next page to continue.

Thank you for the thumbs up! I had the same experience when I first came across that spread: thunderstruck, infatuated, kind of in awe. The two-page circular spread in Tiphereth that comes later was also extremely impressive, but I have special love for the concepts of cyclical things embodied in the Mobius Strip, so this was The One for me!

got my paperback copies back from the friend I lent them to. no reaction apart from 'I'm done.'

The person is still processing, maybe...?

Ashtaroot

What there is an app?!?!?! Going to look
Need to reread them...
Love your avatar frac ture :)

frac_ture

What there is an app?!?!?! Going to look
Need to reread them...
Love your avatar frac ture :)

Thanks, Ashtaroot -- and happy re-reading! I just went back through the series recently, too (twice, more or less, in rapid succession...). It never fails to reward a pass through it!