2 down, 76 to go...

Grigori

Temperlyne!!! Your artwork is beautiful. The hangedman is incredible. I love the runes concept.

Chronata

Ok It's official...after seeing your Hanged Man....I HAVE to have your deck!

I love seeing them as you finish each one, and I really really hope you have a plan for publishing them!

temperlyne

I'm so glad you liked it! Nobody around me actually knows the tarot so they can't really judge my paintings for their usefullness as cards. Thats so great about this place!
I'm really bursting with ideas at the moment and find it very hard to pick the next card, I just want to do them all at once! I'm not sure If I should finish the majors first but I might because I like the idea of doing the minors in order. I'm currently finishing one a week so it will take me at least 1,5 years to finish it, but thats ok I guess because it is a very fun and rewarding process.
At the moment I have no plans for publishing my cards, I've only done 5 so far! I would in the end love a copy myself. I imagine it must be amazing to do readings with your own cards.
Anyway, I'm off to work on the magician!

temperlyne

the magician

I managed to finish another one.
The magician to me represents creativity. He has the power to create matter out of the void with his own hands and inspiration.
I based him on an old acrylic painting I posted here long ago, which was based on a painting by one of my favourite artists: Jean Delville. I couldn't find it on the net anymore.. but I'll keep trying an will post a link as soon as I find one.

I'm not completely happy with the end result and I might redo him one day, but it gives an idea of what my intention is for this card. Powerful and masculin.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16158770/

I realise there will be a lot of nudity in my major arcana. I do not intend to create an erotic deck, but to me the characters from the major arcana transcent time and the ordinary. If I were to cloth them, the style of dress would indicate a time period and status.
The people in the court cards will be more human and easier to identify with.

Grigori

temperlyne said:
I do not intend to create an erotic deck, but to me the characters from the major arcana transcent time and the ordinary. If I were to cloth them, the style of dress would indicate a time period and status.
The people in the court cards will be more human and easier to identify with.

That's a great idea I think. It will be a very unique idea, and will certainly make the major arcana stand out among the minors.

I can't wait to see how your devil contrasts with this magician.

ciliegia

I agree with simila:)and I also look forward to see your 'devil:)
Good work.

My deck has 2 cards(including nudity) but neither,didn't intend 'erotic' at all:)

temperlyne

I agree that my magician resembles the traditional devil somewhat. I connect the magician to the celtic horned one, the male god, the king stag. That's why I gave him antlers. He to me is the potent god of creation, of inpuls. He doesn't look very nice but he is in the process of creation, very focussed.
I'm currently between two options for my devil card. I'm not sure which wil make the best impression. But I think I might go for a non traditional version, without a devil/demon figure. after all it is man who created sin and we create our own bondages.
The next card will most likely be the high priestess though, I'm going to try to create them in order.

Grigori

temperlyne said:
I agree that my magician resembles the traditional devil somewhat. ...He to me is the potent god of creation, of inpuls. He doesn't look very nice but he is in the process of creation, very focussed.

I guess he reminds me of the Thoth concept of the devil as a creative force, rather than the RWS one of bondage etc. It is interesting that the Thoth devil could be conceived as quite similiar to the RWS magician. It says something about the difference between the two deck creators to me, and makes coming cards of your deck exciting. I'm looking forward to the High Priestess.

temperlyne

The high priestess!

I had all kinds of wild ideas for the High priestess... I know it is the favourite card of most readers and that made me a bit nervous. I thought about doing something spectacular and pagan goddes like, but in the end she turned out very simple. I like her that way, she is a very sober lady, serene.
I hope you like her too, let me know!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16377359/

Simone

Guess it's time for me to get a pre-order in here!

You are such a great artist, and I am always impatiently waiting for the next card to be done :D

Love
Simone