Anyone reading Tarot Shadow Work (Using the Dark Symbols to heal) by Christine Jette

geministar

I also started this book at the beginning of the year but stopped. I didnt get very far. I thought probably I wasnt doing it properly and rushing through. I do intend to pick it up again. Im not sure though if I should just start again or continue on, maybe continue?

brujablanca

When that happens to me, I prefer to start the book over again.

My feelings are that perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind or spirit when I started the book and thats why I never finished. Starting over from the beginning sort of gives me a fresh perspective of the material.

geministar

Maybe it would be best if I just started again. Im currently working through another book which I dont want to come away from, so could be a while before I come back to this book.

tarot4fun

Well I did it! I finished the Tarot Shadow Work book! :D
Ladyhawke said:
I just got "Tarot for the Healing Heart," also by Christine Jette, and I can't wait to see if it works together with the shadow work book. Kind of a light complement to the dark side.
I got a copy of Tarot for the Healing Heart at a used book store when I was in Corpus Christi with my daughter on her spring break.
Another book, that I read a couple of years ago, is The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford. It's not a tarot book, but tarot can be used to enhance any meditative or introspective process.

Blessings~ :heart:

brujablanca

What did you think of it Tarot4Fun?

Do you think Shadow Work is useful?

tarot4fun

brujablanca said:
What did you think of it Tarot4Fun?

Do you think Shadow Work is useful?
Oh yeah, it was a good book.

The word 'work' is no joke; but as they say -"no pain, no gain"! The star spreads will be useful for any introspective question or demon chasing issue.

1. This book, 2. tarot in general, 3. meditation, and 4. lots of prayer and forgiveness have all helped me face my fears.

I would have to say that this book helped me get to deeper issues and understand their causes. Even though I might have already faced some of the memories and issues before; I was ready to plunge in for a full impact treatment without all the emotion involved, as when issues are first faced.

Realizing the root of my fears has set me free to really be my true self ... it's been an incredible experience.

Blessings to all~ :heart:

Master_Margarita

I made it partway through the book and stalled as well (resistance?). I may go back and look at the throws I did using the Bohemian Gothic rather than the Rider-Waite I used for the original throws.

:heart: M_M~

brujablanca

Shadow Work

Each phase of Shadow Work takes time. Its best not to jump ahead with the next segment until you have had time to deal with the first.

As the book suggests, its best to leave the spread out in the open and look at it often. Sometimes you can go back and see something you didn't see before. I did this. I think I really didn't want to deal with it at the time. However, after a few days I was ready to let it go and move on.

Shadow Work can be very painful. I suggest anyone undertaking it to enlist the help of a friend. And throwing the protective spells mentioned in the book are very helpful.

~~Bruja

Master_Margarita

brujablanca said:
As the book suggests, its best to leave the spread out in the open and look at it often. Sometimes you can go back and see something you didn't see before. I did this. I think I really didn't want to deal with it at the time. However, after a few days I was ready to let it go and move on.

What I did over the summer and fall was to make reduced-size copies of all the Star of Discovery spreads and paste them in my journal, along with reflections. That way my journal, when propped up, became my portable altar.

I went back and looked at all my spreads last night and realized I now feel ready to embark on Part II ("Into the Light").

:heart: M_M~

brujablanca

What an excellent idea MM!!!