Japanese Tarot Nintendo DS Game

Silverlotus

There is a game out for the Nintendo DS in Japan called Let's Tarot. I've had a bit of a look at it, but since my Japanese is awful (I can get some numbers and some really simple words) I'm not able to figure out much.

It seems that one part of the game teaches you the meaning of the cards, and another section does readings using a customized Tarot deck of Major Arcana cards only. The website shows all the cards, and they are pretty cute and obviously inspired by the RWS tradition.

Here's the website if anyone is interested in a look: http://ds.fujimido.jp/

Be aware, there is slightly annoying background music playing for this site. But there is some nifty free wallpaper too. :)

This is yet another cool Japanese game that I hope will be localized for North America, but somehow I doubt it. :(

Umbrae

Silverlotus said:
This is yet another cool Japanese game that I hope will be localized for North America, but somehow I doubt it. :(
I remember the backlash from "Taboo" for the old 8-bit Nintendo back in the 80's.

I doubt the US DS will see this one either...but I could be wrong!

Acacia

Oh man, I want this game!!! The deck is very cute.

I love my DS, there are so many cool games for the Japanese market that never get translated for us.

megx

I would settle for the cards themselves. So cute!

If this comes to America it'll be another reason to go ahead and buy a DS.

sweet_intuition

Awww.. the cards are so adorable... i hope they release a special printed edition of the cards (with illustrated scenic minors too). They are so lovely!

Silverlotus

Umbrae said:
I remember the backlash from "Taboo" for the old 8-bit Nintendo back in the 80's.

I doubt the US DS will see this one either...but I could be wrong!

Gosh, I forgot about Taboo. I never got a chance to play it though.

And you know, there is something to be said for the idea of video games getting people interested in Tarot. I started studying Tarot because of the gypsy at the beginning of Ultima 4. :laugh:

And, to take things even further off topic, I just noticed the other day that the boss monsters in House of the Dead 2 and 3 are named after Tarot cards.

Shade

Silverlotus said:
And you know, there is something to be said for the idea of video games getting people interested in Tarot. I started studying Tarot because of the gypsy at the beginning of Ultima 4. :laugh:

I got into it because of Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness which features several extended readings with a pretty authentic interpretation of the cards... ok well as authentic as you get with vampires and nameless evil gods in the plot.

lilangel09

Not to mention, Tarot has gotten into quite a few popular animes and mangas :). I'm sure some of the fans may order the game straight from Japan!

mosaica

Oh, those cards are so cute! I'll have to show them to my girls (who are very addicted to their DSs.)

Vadella

I'll definitely be buying this for my son. He's tired of his DS.... thinks it's for younger kids.