a new book on TdM reading

Aeric

The book is definitely an indespensible resource. The techniques extend beyond the CBD to other pip decks as well. I've used the book with the Soprafino Tarot as well as Tarocco delle Vetrate, and I picked up on all sorts of subtle nuances in the engravings, colours, spatial and body language, and the pip ornamentation that I never noticed before and that the author didn't cover in the LWB.

I also do acrylic painting and the book has given me ideas of how to better represent objects and people with subtle layers of symbolism and meaning. I think visual artists and people who enjoy artwork could learn a lot from the simple lessons.

I'd recommend the CBD deck and the book to everyone.

BSwett

So, I'm about a third way through the book, which I purchased through Amazon for my Kindle, and I'm finding various skipped sentences and/or paragraphs. Is anybody else experiencing this?
My kindle is the old kind that the screen looks like paper, and it doesn't show page numbers so it's a bit tricky to tell where exactly this errors are happening...

Richard

So, I'm about a third way through the book, which I purchased through Amazon for my Kindle, and I'm finding various skipped sentences and/or paragraphs. Is anybody else experiencing this?
My kindle is the old kind that the screen looks like paper, and it doesn't show page numbers so it's a bit tricky to tell where exactly this errors are happening...
I noticed the same thing. I don't have a Kindle device, but I do have the latest version of Kindle for Windows on my computer. I changed the format from double column to single and may have made a few other adjustments, and the problem went away.

BSwett

Thanks LR, I did kind of what you suggested; rotated the screen 90deg. and the hidden sentences appeared. So landscape display and it works fine.
Super enjoying Yoav's approach to the cards and his easy to read ideas. Such a needed book for the english speaking TdM world.

Richard

Thanks LR, I did kind of what you suggested; rotated the screen 90deg. and the hidden sentences appeared. So landscape display and it works fine.
Super enjoying Yoav's approach to the cards and his easy to read ideas. Such a needed book for the english speaking TdM world.
Yr welcome BS. Glad that solved the problem.

garmonbozia

the book is now available in paperback - see a separate message here

Awesome! I'd been waiting for a print edition because I don't like reading reference books on my Kindle. I just ordered a copy and can't wait to start reading it!

Terrapinflyer

I thought I'd give this thread a bump, as I'm 2/3 of the way through the book and wondering if anyone is enjoying or has enjoyed it as much as I have.

Thoughtful

l have only just got this book and can't wait to get into it. Had a quick browse through the index and my interest has really been aroused.
So grateful for this book, now at least l can get to grips with my deck and see it in a new light.

Eremita90

I thought I'd give this thread a bump, as I'm 2/3 of the way through the book and wondering if anyone is enjoying or has enjoyed it as much as I have.

I bought it to myself some months ago as a graduation gift along with the deck, and yes, it is definitely one of my favourite books on TdM that have been published recently: it exudes intelligence without being the typical "I have discovered, I know, I want you to believe, I, I, I, I am so fab" pamphet. I appreciated the insightful analysis of the reading process in particular. Plus, as some other users have pointed out, it can really be of great help with most pip decks. Really wish he would write another book.

Terrapinflyer

Yes, there's a welcome lack of ego in the writing. There are no mysterious, secret sources the author cannot disclose, no recently rediscovered codes. So far, he offers seemingly endless possibility, without hard-and-fast rules. The words "can, may," and "might" appear frequently.