Gilded Tarot - non-round Pentacles

ana luisa

I don´t remember where I read that the sun stood for the self, the heart. So, please, correct me if I´m wrong. However, I think that the absence of the sun in the center of the Knight of Pentacles and the Five of Pentacles is very significant. When I was looking at the Knights together, they looked very, very different. From the color of the bakground to their posture, they portray different approaches to life and challenges. As opposed to the Knight of Wands, who faces the reader , shows his wand as if saying, "I know I´m strong and have the power within myself to face life", the Knight of Pentacles is looking around, as if searching for nature as the source of his strength. He doesn´t look like he´s ready to fight yet but rather as if he is gathering answers from the background . So, his SUN is not only in himself but it belongs to the outer world. Also, as the Five of Pentacles shows a situation of utmost distress, I makes sense that the self is "faded" because hardship does make you feel like you´ve lost ground, you don´t fel like yourself any more.