Tarot de Marseille - Marteau Grimaud, informations for collectors

macoram

Spanish Marteau Grimaud Edition

Just to inform all interested that after some research I found the origin of the previously mentioned deck.
A Spanish book publisher (EDAF) seems to have been publishing the Spanish edition of Paul Marteau's book at least since the 80's, including the floral brown-backed Marteau Grimaud card deck (all 78 cards) in some boxed editions.
Case closed.

Sumada

Lequart Tarot de Besancon

Good to see this thread still alive and kicking :)

In addition to the wonderful image in post #152 on the previous page, here's a link to the Hanged Man from the Lequart TdB - just one step back in time from the card on the right of Rafael's line up of gibbets!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102428130/Lequart Hanged Man and card Back.jpg

ETA: Sorry if I have infuriated people with a previously posted shonkey link. OK, so I'm officially technology challenged, butI now believe I have corrected the link above ;-)

Then you might also like to view ALL the Trumps from the Lequart deck, and you can - right here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sumadas-treasure-box/sets/72157661719547274/with/24047808063/

FLizarraga

I actually had this deck! Couldn't tell what it was, because it was given to me as an (incomplete) gift....

Philippe

I've never seen a back like this one but I'm pretty sure it's an early edition. It would be easier if you showed us entire cards.

Luca Shivendra Om

I've no pics of the Cards except for the Star card. I will upload it on my drive soon. Thank you! (PS the cards are 4 x 2 inch... quite small for an early edition, I suppose)

Inviato dal mio XT1562 utilizzando Tapatalk

NightMagic628

I was very lucky to recently acquire a 1963 deck in English. The box is a little dog eared but the cards are in excellent condition. They feel so thick and well made. I can't wait to start using them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lee

I was very lucky to recently acquire a 1963 deck in English. The box is a little dog eared but the cards are in excellent condition. They feel so thick and well made. I can't wait to start using them.
My deck is like that, thick cards and in English. The copyright says 1963 but I think mine are probably from the '70s. I just recently noticed the reason why the cards are so thick -- they're actually two cards pasted together! They must have printed the fronts on one set of cards and the backs on a second set, and pasted the fronts and backs together. I wonder if riffle shuffling would eventually separate them. I don't riffle shuffle, so I'm safe.

NightMagic628

My deck is like that, thick cards and in English. The copyright says 1963 but I think mine are probably from the '70s. I just recently noticed the reason why the cards are so thick -- they're actually two cards pasted together! They must have printed the fronts on one set of cards and the backs on a second set, and pasted the fronts and backs together. I wonder if riffle shuffling would eventually separate them. I don't riffle shuffle, so I'm safe.
Interesting. I took the cards out and really looked at them and I see exactly what you mean about them looking like 2 cards together. I wonder why this was done this way.

Lee

Interesting. I took the cards out and really looked at them and I see exactly what you mean about them looking like 2 cards together. I wonder why this was done this way.
It certainly makes the cards more sturdy, but I'm guessing it would have cost a lot more to produce since they were essentially printing two decks for every one.