Secrets of the Waite Smith Tarot

Lunalyn

does anyone have this book by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin?
I've only recently bought it and I'm up to chapter 3. but so far there has been some good info on the history of Pamela Colman Smith and Arthur Waite.
I'm looking forward to reading more of it and learning how and why this tarot deck was created.
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has read this book.
lyn

Lunalyn

thanks Laura for the link. I've read some of them.
I haven't read all of the book yet so I'll wait until I finish it to make my mind up about it. the 2 chapters I've read so far have been interesting on the history of Pamela Colman Smith and Arthur Waite. I like that sort of background reading.
lyn

Laura Borealis

I read a bit of it the other day on Google Books (because I wanted to know the name of the cat that modeled for the Queen of Wands card! It was Snuffles). I enjoyed dipping into it; it seems rather chatty and not too woo-woo. I've requested my library get it.

TenBuckTarot

I bought it the week it came out. I thought it was pretty good. In the introduction they talk about how the goal is to make the reader feel like they're back in 1909 when the deck was released, and they did a pretty good job of that. You get a lot of info on AEW & PCS, a collection of sources for the images, and it also included several spreads. It was worth the read.

MissChiff

They have s group on Facebook to study this book....

rwcarter

They have s group on Facebook to study this book....
The study group that was supposed to be on the waitesmithtarot.com website according to the book, but doesn't exist cause they decided to move it to Facebook after the book was published? (That was rhetorical.)

Rodney

hjs

I purchased this book two weeks ago and have not yet finished reading it. Gosh, I have so much books to read. It gives interesting background information on Arthur Edward Waite and Pamela Colman Smith in regard to their lifes and to how the drawings for the deck came to life. The book also contains some original photographs and some original illustrations by Pamela. I like this sort of background info, just like you. For me it helps to understand the realization of the RWS deck and its sources and origins much better.