The Gilded tarot-4 of cups

gorgeousbutterfly

what is symbolic meaning of the mouse in this card? its not in my dictionary book and i would think it something sneaky but whats so sneaky about the four of cups?

megx

The four of cups traditionally indicates a feeling of being stuck in a relationship or situation--nothing is wrong but there is the sense that there is something more to life, and because of that you are dissatisfied.

The hand offers one cup, large and promising, to the young man, but his face shows disinterest...boredom. The mouse at the bottom of the card approaches another cup, showing its interest in this possibility (and possibly the niggling feeling inside the young man?)

Another thing you might not have noticed is that the Page of Wands is the same young man on the 4 of cups. His actions are thwarted because his passion has died out and he seeks something more in the world.

There is also a squirrel up high, hidden in the branches of the tree. I believe that the squirrel is almost a counter to the mouse and rather than look to another option is contemplating the possibilities that exist with the offer that has already been made.

This card is very much about choice, about duty and decisions about what will make you happy.

gorgeousbutterfly

thats brilliant :)