1 deck; 1 warning!

Krakken

[size=+1]The New Paladini Tarot deck, Warning![/size]

This deck is strongly Masculine (energy).
This deck is very Authoritative (Think Boot Camp) must be obeyed and follow it's rules.
This deck is Vague and Evasive.
This deck is very Domineering (Think Hitler)
This deck is Emotionally Detached
This deck is your Worst Coach ever
This deck is a Narcissist Mother / Father type. (Super Evil Vindictive Step-Mother)
This deck is Left Brained
This deck is a Jurk (azzH)
This deck plays Mind Games

Evil vindictive step-mother :-/ ... please stay away from that deck. :-/

Krakken

I was a little bit unnerved by the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot. I started out with the best of intentions with my study and use of this deck and I did like it. I do still like the deck but I doubt that I will ever use it.

I'm pretty level headed and quite skeptical, and I have never been surprised by a deck before but this deck surprised the life out of me and left me with the headache to prove it.

So I think the NOVT should have a warning sticker attached. :)

Vodoo is one of those things people shouldnt mess around. that formula of vodoo+tarot ... its really intresting. i guess your spirit is really special to work with such deck. :)

thanks for feedback.

Emily

Another one worth the mention might be the Hanson Roberts. I don't think I have ever had a positive, upbeat reading from this deck. Infact I tend to stay away from it now.

The deck looks whimsical, light and colourful - but it doesn't read like that. It is a strange one.

Krakken

In my experience, the Fantastical Creatures tarot can be super duper snarky and mischievous. I'm not sure if it's just me or the deck itself, but it definitely has attitude! Thankfully, once you get used to it, you can work out what it's messing with and correct it. I've actually really started to enjoy my deck's personality; it's not negative, per se, just feisty~

You´re my hero if you started your tarot adventures with that deck, Fantastical creatures tarot looks so complicated. cause undersstanding people is already complicated... now you need to understand mythicals and legendary creatures in order to do a reading... that´s a challenge!

thanks for your feedback. :)

Krakken

Another one worth the mention might be the Hanson Roberts. I don't think I have ever had a positive, upbeat reading from this deck. Infact I tend to stay away from it now.

The deck looks whimsical, light and colourful - but it doesn't read like that. It is a strange one.

I know people who do wonderfull readings with this deck, i havent bought it yet. the "people" in this deck looks a bit weird to me. however... the high priestess looks very cool.

Emily

Vodoo is one of those things people shouldnt mess around. that formula of vodoo+tarot ... its really intresting. i guess your spirit is really special to work with such deck. :)

thanks for feedback.

The book has all these rituals to do to help you bond with the deck, most of them very eloborate, I'm glad I didn't do any of them. The deck is always very eager to work with me and I do look through the book and I have read most of the study threads but I think it will be a long while before I get the actual cards out again. But it is a fascinating deck - just as long as you read the sticker

Approach With Caution
- lol

Krakken

This is a deck that plays you for a sucker.

At first glance: Dignified-looking cats in magnificent baroque attires, swanning around Versailles-like settings. Absurdly beautiful, but more than a bit absurd. You won't take it seriously. Nobody does, at first....

the cats in this deck doesnt look at you with benevolent eyes. i lost myself in the two of sword... and after i did realize that ... that kitty wont be bother while he´s thinking.

Krakken

The book has all these rituals to do to help you bond with the deck, most of them very eloborate, I'm glad I didn't do any of them. The deck is always very eager to work with me and I do look through the book and I have read most of the study threads but I think it will be a long while before I get the actual cards out again. But it is a fascinating deck - just as long as you read the sticker

Approach With Caution
- lol

LOL... Many people dont want to appproach to the tarot culture being scared by the death card. They propably will wet their pants with a introduction such as ... Ok this is a voodo tarot deck and... the first card coming out is... the death. :-/

so... Voodo+death card ---- :-(

Krakken

The night sun deck I have is remarkably sassy. It holds nothing back and has a quirky sense if humor. It likes to gender-bend with the traditional energies of a card. If it gets annoyed with you, you'll know it.

The zombie tarot is such a chatty Cathy. It will answer your question...and many others you may not have wanted answered!

The deviant moon is definitely a quirky deck. Catch it on a good day and it is lovely. Catch it on a bad day and prepare to be doomed and gloomed.

Who would like to hang out with The Zombie Tarot? ... no one! LOL. I know this type of personality in a deck (tarot of necronomicon). People asking about academics results and the tarot showing "sentimental issues with dramatics ending" and i was like... should i talk about? ´cause he´s not asking. :-/

Krakken

More as if - when it tells me the sky is going to fall tomorrow, I am more inclined to think there may be a brief unpleasant situation. Or I may drop something, and break it. :p
That's how it reads for me, anyway.

and this is how you do a conection with your deck! :)

i´ve always thought about the Thot tarot personality as "who is the master and who is the slave".

i´ve got the deck and two books (mirror of your relationship and mirror of your soul) and still i cannot find a way trought this deck. i guess am not ready.