Using tarot for someones feelings about you

learningTarot

I can relate to what you say. The cards can be eerily accurate at times.

Well, I am very much a novice at tarot, so I feel that I cannot read myself at all. However, when I get someone else to read for me, I find that the cards are accurate. Are they a reflection of my thoughts? Well maybe. Sometimes I think that. However, I also know that a good reader will tell me something about a person, then I will look and be able to pick it out, or should I say, become aware of it.

A few months ago, I was excited about seeing a person again, and a reader told me not to get excited, because nothing was going to come of the meeting. I said to myself, "well they are wrong"! But sadly, they were exactly right. In that case, I know for sure that I was putting out opposite vibes of what the cards were saying.

Just my thoughts...

hermit-IX

I don't read for someone's feelings about me: if I'm curious, I'll just ask. Or look very carefully at their body-language.

I do however read for other people, much more often than I read for myself. That being the case, I don't really care one way or the other how someone feels about them: I met them two minutes ago and I may never see them again, so I don't have feelings about my clients or the people they are (or are not) involved with, yet I get them valid answers, according to those who come back for follow-up readings or who refer their friends to me. Those answers are not what I want to believe, I simply don't care all that much.

i'm wondering the same thing.
true, you might not care what the other person thinks.
but you do have an automatic intuition about weather they are thinking about them or not.
and even if you don't care about what he/she thinks, deep down you do care about your intuition being right.

hense, is it possible you're attracted to a cards energy based on your intuition and not what is actually the right or wrong answer?

queenxofxwands

The main trouble with doing these types of readings is, what if the person has no feelings for you at all? If they have no feelings for you, yet you choose a card, or cards, then you will still interpret those cards as something, even if there is nothing. Even if say, you chose the death card, which could be saying there are no feelings, the feelings are dead, 9 times out of 10, if its for the self, it won't be interpreted that way. 9 times out of 10, if its for the self, it will be interpreted in a way that is agreeable to the self. Because if you have to ask a deck of cards, there is something seriously wrong with the actual relationship.
If a card confuses you in regards to this question, it's usually because it doesn't fit in with the imagined reality, but rather, portrays the actual reality. And those two do not mix.

nisaba

What happened with me is that I sensed my friend was very upset and hurt. This was important and I consulted the tarot about her feelings with the question- "Is she hurt?" and I get "3 of swords." This sort of confirmed to me that she was indeed hurt but when I asked her she said she was fine which confused me and I started doubting the validity of my reading. I still do not know what to make of it.

... erm ...

You have never said "I'm fine" so as not to upset a friend, when you really weren't fine?

nisaba

true, you might not care what the other person thinks.
I'm not a sociopath. I care about other people. I care about complete strangers who are my clients, for the duration of the reading. But I certainly don't lose any sleep worrying about whether their spouse loves them or not. I used the words "I don't care about them" when I really should have said something like "I don't have a vested interest in the matter" or "what the other person thinks doesn't affect me, so my readings aren't clouded by emotion".

but you do have an automatic intuition about weather they are thinking about them or not.
<surprised> I do?

and even if you don't care about what he/she thinks, deep down you do care about your intuition being right.
I don't think I do. It's a bit like the tyres on your car: as long as you use it once in a while (or check the air pressure), your intuition (or tyres) will be absolutely fine. You really don't need to care about whether it works or not - just do the basic maintenance and it will be fine.

And I ABSOLUTELY don't care if anyone else thinks I'm intuitive or not. I don't give two hoots.

hense, is it possible you're attracted to a cards energy based on your intuition and not what is actually the right or wrong answer?
And why would your intuition give you a wrong answer? If it's wrong then it's not intuition, it's just thoughts.

And I'm not attracted to a card's energy, anyway. I get the client to shuffle, and all the right cards end up on top of the deck. I use them in order from the top card for the first position, the second card for the second position etc. No problem.

new_wave_romantic

I don't read for someone's feelings about me: if I'm curious, I'll just ask. Or look very carefully at their body-language.

I do however read for other people, much more often than I read for myself. That being the case, I don't really care one way or the other how someone feels about them: I met them two minutes ago and I may never see them again, so I don't have feelings about my clients or the people they are (or are not) involved with, yet I get them valid answers, according to those who come back for follow-up readings or who refer their friends to me. Those answers are not what I want to believe, I simply don't care all that much.

This is so true! I do not trust myself to do this type of reading for myself because I am so biased and subjective that I feel I could never be capable of receiving the message that the cards are trying to send me.

learningTarot

I did not understand what you are trying to say over here.
It was a misunderstanding which is resolved now.

... erm ...

You have never said "I'm fine" so as not to upset a friend, when you really weren't fine?

learningTarot

yeah, there is a very high possibility that wishful thinking will end up clouding the interpretation.

The main trouble with doing these types of readings is, what if the person has no feelings for you at all? If they have no feelings for you, yet you choose a card, or cards, then you will still interpret those cards as something, even if there is nothing. Even if say, you chose the death card, which could be saying there are no feelings, the feelings are dead, 9 times out of 10, if its for the self, it won't be interpreted that way. 9 times out of 10, if its for the self, it will be interpreted in a way that is agreeable to the self. Because if you have to ask a deck of cards, there is something seriously wrong with the actual relationship.
If a card confuses you in regards to this question, it's usually because it doesn't fit in with the imagined reality, but rather, portrays the actual reality. And those two do not mix.

tarotot_yeezus

When it comes to questions like this, I tend to avoid them. Though there is an element of caring about someone's right to privacy and I do take that into consideration, for me its more of knowing that I can't do anything about their feelings. The only person that can change things is me. If you want to know how they feel, get closer to them and ask. If you can't do that, ask the cards a question more along the lines of "What can I do to get to know X better?" You can always question the cards and wonder if you made the right interpretation, but if the person flat out tells you, that information is way more "reliable" and unquestionable.

If this is about your friend who is hurting and you wanted to know what she was feeling, invite her over, pour her a cup of tea, and talk. Maybe she's the one who needs guidance through the tarot right now, not you.