Best Bargains

Morgane_49

celticnoodle said:
I think the best tarot related bargain i got was when I needed one more thing for a birthday gift for someone. thinking about what to get for the one last item as I was standing in line at Barnes & Noble with some of their gifts, I happened to be killing time by looking at the stuff on a turntable. you know-those little books, and such.

well, the Miniature Hanson Roberts set was there, and it was a last minute find, perfect price of only $7.00 or $8.00 -- and also a bit of a joke, as this was a friend who often smiled at the thought of me reading cards.

however, once i presented her gifts to her and she saw that gift, she opened it up right away and both of us were able to read well with it immediately! I fell in love with the deck! I had to go back to B&N and buy my own. Now, it's a deck I present to many of my family and friends who want to try tarot. I rarely leave home without this little gem. a perfect deck to read with, carry with you--AND LESS THEN $10.00 TOO!!! PERFECT! :thumbsup:

You know, I never look at those turntables! I will from now on out! Thank you for posting that!

quintessence

I loved Debra's comment from about 18 hours before this.
My best bargain was today, as I found the mini of Tarot of the White Cats for $5 and kibble. The shipping charge was counteracted by a remaining balance on an old gift card. Meow.

gregory

Gerbear said:
It's been six years since I started this thread, but the bargains keep on coming. My latest is a complete set of Manteia, all sixteen issues, for $48.
OK I stopped hating you now. I shall soon have one too. For less than that, which is odd ! :D

strings of life

I just bought the Aquarian Tarot (one of my favorite decks) 1970 Morgan Press edition along with the Psychic Tarot book by Craig Junjulas for $10.50 on eBay. I'm curious to see which kind of backs it has...

I wanted, I waited, I sniped. Total gleeful purchase :D.

olivia1

Bohemian Gothic Tarot

I just purchased the Bohemian Gothic Tarot set (in like new condition)for $20 USD from a bookstore online. well, actually its a small bookstore that has an online website (so its not just an online store). Anyway, they seem very legit. I even talked to a person, on the phone, to confirm I am getting what I think I am getting...I'm hoping this isn't all too good to be true. I will know if/ when it arrives.

Altena

Late last year I was browsing through an online store here in Norway specializing in tarot decks(among other things) when I happened to stumble upon a copy of the currently OOP 1989 Wonderland Tarot. It was priced at $31 which might not seem as a bargain per se, but in my country tarot decks are extremely expensive and most of them sell at around $60 or more. As most people know it's a quite rare deck and at the time when I got it the common price on Ebay and similar places was $80 and up. Sure glad I decided to buy it, as I was told later it was the last copy they had left.

Le Fanu

I bought a brand new shrink-wrapped Wonderland in Madrid last June for 25 euros. A bargain, I suppose...

OctoberGwen

olivia1 said:
I just purchased the Bohemian Gothic Tarot set (in like new condition)for $20 USD from a bookstore online.

!!!!!!!!!!

Do keep us posted, won't you?

OctoberGwen

I bought a Soprafino (one of the unlaminated, boxed ones) for $30 as a Buy It Now on eBay. My first big bargain! :D

Plus, it's heartbreakingly lovely.

olivia1

OctoberGwen said:
!!!!!!!!!!

Do keep us posted, won't you?

will do. i dont want to get my hopes up in case they send me the wrong set of cards or (even though the set was put aside for me) that another sales clerk accidentally sells it to someone else. I have heard of stories where people place orders just to be disappointed at the last minute.

update: supposedly the item was misplaced or stolen. After Zan_Chan's BBC Gold experience, I was kind of weary that something like this would happen. This is so unfortunate as a $20 bohemian gothic set would have been cool.But I'm not upset because others have found better deals than I have on this thread (i.e someone a few pages back buying a Greenwood for less than $50 USD).