Page of Pentacles in Romance...

lilpeanut

Wonderwoman said:
Lilpeanut...your description does help me out indeed! When I look at the page of pentacles, he's fixated on the Pentacle. It almost makes it look like he's admiring it. Why do you think he needs time to "express" his feelings to the pentacle???

Ww :)

Ok, first off he is a shy man. Takes him alot to spit out what he really wants to say. Took him alonnnnnnnnnnnng time to approach me.

Another reason, was that we met while leaving other relationships so we could not be together right away. So we have had to be focused on the longterm goal knowing that we have to get through this to get to the end result. Actually you have made me answer some of my own questions HA HA!
I am from east. Wash. where are you from?

mollymawk

I'd be more worried about no Pentacles in a romance reading. Pentacles are earthly manifestations, amongst other things--the suit that actually does the doing, and lends it stability.

No Pents could be pie-in-the-sky dreaming and a relationship that never manifests in the real world, or a relationship with no focus, no stability at all.

And even though your Page of Pents could be slow to get started, usually Pents people are both wonderfully sensual and practical (it helps for those of us who aren't ;) Quite loyal, too.

The only thing that drives me nuts about Pages in general when they represent grown-ups is that they tend to dismiss anything falling into the 'supernatural' category. They generally prefer to have their feet on solid ground (check the poses of each of the Pages in the Waite pack, for example).

OTOH, that big, shiny Pentacle can also be read as fascination with a manifestation of a miracle.

Fair trade, I'd say :)

Fulgour

Looking at Complementary Pairs

Looking at the clothing and various aspects of the
Pages, they seem to be from other, related suits.

A Page was a noble youth, sent at an early age to serve
in the court of a noble family. Since in the Tarot, the four
elements sometimes work well as complementary forces,
we can relate them in a cross-over way, like a bridge to
join the "opposites" of Fire and Water, Air and Earth...

CUPS daughter of Swords
This is a very imaginative Page, rather like Swords, and
her stance suggests a fencing attitude. Water and Air
are Yin and Yang, but not opposites, they complement.

SWORDS daughter of Cups
She is so emotional, just look at her lonely determination.
And she is out in the fields without any hat or other gear,
so unlike an airy swordsman, though she will succeed!

WANDS daughter of Pentacles
Is she going to plant that Wand? I think she's from the
Earth suit: her helmut matches the King's armour boot!
Fire and Earth bridge the way to link Water and Air.

PENTACLES daughter of Wands
Here is a Sun-worshiper if ever I saw one, truly a daughter
of Fire. She hardly notices the little flowers underfoot, and
away in the distance are the ploughed fields, unthought of.

Complement
Something that fills up, completes, or makes perfect;
one of two mutually completing parts: Counterpart.

Compliment
Expression of esteem, respect, affection, or admiration.

WalesWoman

Fulgour,
That is great, I hadn't thought of pages as cross overs from another suit, but it makes sense when you think about the fact that families did send their kids as "hostages" to other kingdoms to train and as a means to keep peace.

The Crystal tarot seems to pick up on that element and now I understand why. Cool!

sweet_intuition

Well, I remember reading something like this about the Page of Pentacles in terms of sexuality...

A young man or boy who applies himself studiously to the variations of the sex act; a young lover; a young daydreamer who maybe cultivated by the right sex mate; also sexual applications and phallic study; thoughts of the sex act and the sexual organs rather than just doing the deed... basically a person who is sexually curious.

When reversed he may be seen as a rebellious youth, kind of a "hippie".. sensual but reckless, lavish erections, non-confirming sex acts; lavish erections; non conforming sex with extreme and reckless desires

sharpchick

Remember that Pents' elemental association is Earth - brings to my mind the earthiness and sensuality of sex - no rush. . .savoring the moment.

Wonderwoman

What a Page!!!

I am so glad I started this thread! I'm enjoying everyone's insightful posts on this charming Page. I'm beginning to think that he's good news in the love department. Stable, not afraid of commitment, sexually curious...Not so bad!

Biba28

lilpeanut said:
GAH I hate this card too in a romance/love reading.
But being in a particular situation has helped me learn something. It is slow coming. The relationship, or the words from the other person. The feelings are solid, he knows exactly how he feels about me but rarely does he "Express" it.
Pentacles are slow, take their time. I am such a dang WAND! But the more I know him the more it makes sense. Does this help any? Also, he is in no rush to make major moves, he is perfectly happy to take his time doing all he wants without skipping steps in the relationship.

What a pentacle. Believe it or not I have actually called him that a time or two! Good thing he doesn't know what it means ha ha.

OMG!!! That has just made sooooo much sense to me. I'm a wand too! And, yes, he's a pentacle :S

nisaba

Pages indicate being on a sharp learning-curve, pentacles are about the physical world, so perhaps in this relationship the couple are not yet so good at working each other into the fabric of their lives. Or not good at the physical sex-thing together.

Or perhaps it even indicates a child of one or the other of them, who directly or indirectly is having an effect on the relationship.

Zone

In a relationship, I would see the Page of Pentacles as a fragile, positive part. Something good, but easily lost. Take care to protect it!