Enchanted Spellboard

ashtoreth

Just bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Spellboard-Magical-Messages-Spirit/dp/0978696832

Just to be clear I have absolutely no experience in ouija boards, and I'm not a fan of spirit summoning either (think it's rude to go calling out for them for answers to questions that (to them I'm sure) are trivial, usually I have seen that spirits tend to get their message across if they want to tell you something). I've had a good deal of experience with a number of magickal entities, many of whom I communicate with (spirit guides, angels, etc). My goal was to get through to my guardian entities (and others --but specifically no spirits) and to channel answers using the board as a diferent medium.

It's a gorgeous, simple thing. Beautiful bright colours and a cleverly folded little board that unfolds twice to reveal this marvelous, large ouija-like spread (but far less creepy I tell ya). There's a little glass thing (pointer?) that sits in the center, and you're supposed to place two index fingers on the thing, and say the questions out loud. (Before you begin, of course there's the grounding, shielding, invoking of archangels, and peace and light and good thoughts)!

So far, I 've tried it all by myself, and I did get some answers, but I haven't felt any presence and it felt a lot like I was using my own subconscious rather than allowing any entities to move the pointer for me. I think (and hope) practice should do the trick.

ThunderWolf

My only caution about this would be that unless you are absolutely certain that the "higher entities" are the only ones being allowed through that you should know how to banish whatever else might come through with them. (Better safe than sorry.) I have a very nice spirit board, but I choose to use mine simply as a piece of decor in my living room as I realize I'm not knowledgeable enough in it's use.

ashtoreth

My only caution about this would be that unless you are absolutely certain that the "higher entities" are the only ones being allowed through that you should know how to banish whatever else might come through with them. (Better safe than sorry.) I have a very nice spirit board, but I choose to use mine simply as a piece of decor in my living room as I realize I'm not knowledgeable enough in it's use.

Hmm, thank you for the inputs ThunderWolf.

I have a strong personal field, and my home where I work has been ritually protected from negative entities. I am familiar with erecting powerful shields to protect specifically from malicious entities, and am pretty clear on the protocol for protection and invoking. That said, I would not be inviting spirits in the first place, only my own personal guides and so forth, so I do not foresee any problems with residual energy and the like.

All the same, this being my first time using an instrument of this type, I'm apprehensive. Would you still say it is unsafe to use it?

ThunderWolf

I'm really no expert in the use of spirit boards, but I do like to adhere to the axiom of not summoning anything you can't banish. And since your guides are spirits, calling them in is working with the spirit world. I don't know what kind of portal would be opened to call upon just your guides, but I personally would be prepared for every contingency before doing so--just in case.