The Alaire Deck

katey

So in love with your work! Please tell me you're planning on selling it at some point! :love:

jalaire

Thank you! I do plan on self publishing it once I finalize the images and then write the lwb :) I'll probably need to use kickstarter to get it published but yes, that is my plan!

Fire

Oh man, these are so wonderfully stylized... I love the "flowing" feeling in the robes, and the way the characters' limbs curve around the design. And also the colors! I'd really like to own a copy someday :D

Obsydian

I need this in my life! Gorgeous, vibrant, and easy to read.

jalaire

Thank you so much for the kind feedback! :)

I redid the knights and attached them below! Let me know what you think. thanks

Attachments

• knightofcups.jpg
    knightofcups.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 188
  • knightofswords.jpg
    knightofswords.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 195
  • knightofpentacles.jpg
    knightofpentacles.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 170
  • knightofwands.jpg
    knightofwands.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 169

rwcarter

The Knights are still a little too static for me, but not enough to stop me from buying your deck when it's available. :heart:

For me, Knights should be ON their horses, not next to them. The active Knights (Wands and Swords) should look like they're in action, moving towards some goal, while the passive Knights (Cups and Pentacles) can have a slower gait to them. But that's just me. This is YOUR deck and the Knights should be as YOU perceive them.

Rodney

jalaire

Thanks, Rodney! While I did really dislike the first version of the knights I really love the new ones. However, I do very much appreciate your kind honest feedback about them!

rwcarter

Thanks, Rodney! While I did really dislike the first version of the knights I really love the new ones. However, I do very much appreciate your kind honest feedback about them!
I actually am in your corner, but always remember that "Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize." If I could draw my own tarot deck I would. ;)

Rodney

reall

Thank you so much for the kind feedback! :)

I redid the knights and attached them below! Let me know what you think. thanks

I like!:)) beautiful!:))
btw you can use small photoshop and swich places of horse and rider to make rider up?XD ;))

jalaire

I wanted to let you guys know that the lovely people at Llewellyn want to publish my deck. I don't have any release date as of yet but I will update again when I know! Thank you guys for all of the support!