The Alaire Deck

Shade

They are gorgeous!

rwcarter

Congrats on finishing your deck! I see lots of purple in there, so I'm loving that. My only small quibble is that the Knights are rather static and have less differentiation between them than any other rank of cards in the deck. I'm definitely looking forward to buying a copy though!

Rodney

reall

congrats on fantastic and original deck!:)) hope to see it in PS shop soon! so I can add it to my next order!^^ ;))

Edit; just to say I would like to see options with different card back!^^ my fav is dark blue with stars!^^:))

jalaire

Thank you, guys!

Rodney, I totally agree with the knights, they were the cards that gave me the most struggle. I'm hoping I'll get some new ideas when I get the test deck and can redo/add to them.

Padma

IMO - Jalaire, Beautifully done - your curved lines are really neatly done, perfectly measured, and imply a lot of movement! Very fluid, nicely balanced. The deck feels like it has a lot of flow!

Echoing Rodney - Really dislike the Knights though - feels like with those visors down, we are not allowed to look inside them, or as though the Knights are blinded, and cannot see. It is a bit off-putting - like, "you may not enter!" Also get the feeling of a brick wall, because their bodies fill a great percentage of the card - I can easily see that you were "blocked" when doing them!

I do like the predominance of yellows and purples, and your characters are whimsical and charming :) If you could just add that graceful whimsy to your Knights, and give them characters, I would definitely buy the deck!

Majors are especially beautiful, btw! :thumbsup:

The card backs look to me like a giant purple mouth floating in the night! ;)

jalaire

padma, thank you so much for the feedback! I definitely plan on redoing the knights at this point. I was never happy with them, and hearing the feedback I need something more readable. Also I haven't decided on a back yet, the clouds were just a place filler for a sample deck. I'll never be able to unsee the gaping mouth now lol :D

reall

I like your knights!:)) somehow it reminds me of C.M LODT!:)
even it's a bit strange as I'm used to see rider with animal?:))

btw if you decide to rework your art please consider *dressed up version as well!^^
so this can be one of those cartoony decks that are *safe to use for younger and older audience!^^ :))

Padma

padma, thank you so much for the feedback! I definitely plan on redoing the knights at this point. I was never happy with them, and hearing the feedback I need something more readable. Also I haven't decided on a back yet, the clouds were just a place filler for a sample deck.

Well - if all you have is four cards that need reworking - then you have a success on your hands, there! ;) Thanks for being so open to constructive criticism...very gracious of you!

I'll never be able to unsee the gaping mouth now lol :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@Reall - *great* idea to do a dressed character deck option! More accessible to different ages, and preferences! You'd have a bigger client base then, Jalaire!

jalaire

@reall- that is a great idea! I hadn't thought of that. thank you!

reall

np!^^ looking forward to see altered version!^^ lolz