Best Bargains

Dusk Till Dawn

Minrice that was a great find. I wish I had only paid that for mine.
My best bargain was 6 Euro's for my Frown Strong, brand New. I love that Deck.

Alamaris

I just got a Vieville for $50. Not a huge bargain, but I was preparing myself to spend twice as much for it, so it was a pleasant surprise. I nearly had a heart attack when all the bids started increasing in the last 15 seconds...!

Now if only the seller would get around to shipping it. *sits on hands*

OctoberGwen

Seeker*13* said:
My best bargain was 6 Euro's for my Frown Strong, brand New. I love that Deck.

Wow! :bugeyed:

Now that is a great deal!

Dusk Till Dawn

Yes, it was buy now, including shipping. I couldn't believe it.

jackdaw*

ETA: whoops, had bragged about this bargain at the time!

nisaba

minrice said:
Awwwww...and I just got on here to brag about the Balbi I found over the weekend. Great box, still in its shrinkwrap, for $14. Your copy sounds so much cooler Nisaba!
<grin> Enjoy. I know I still love mine.

_________
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.

Altena

Looking at all these bargain prices makes my mouth water, but unfortunately there are no chances of finding tarot decks at second-hand bookstores or garage sales around here. The few alternative stores we have only offer a minimal selection of decks and they're usually the most common ones around. Regular bookstores sell those same decks, only at a much higher price.

I got the Medieval Enchantment(Nigel Jackson) for $28 and the Australian Animal Tarot for $20, but that's about the closest you'll get to a cheap deck here in Norway.

I also stumbled across Jewels of the Lotus: Tibetan Gemstone Oracle for $50, which may or may not be a bargain....have seen it go for much higher prices than that though.

avalonian

Balbi Tarot for 99 pence with £5 postage and a free book thrown in. I'm still in a state of shock (no instructions but I think I can live with that)

:) :) :)

Le Fanu

Just to update (in adition to the ones posted earlier in the thread) ;more best bargains..

The box of decks found in an abandoned house. I didn't even have to pay anything. That's my kind of bargain. The best kind of bargain there is.

Oh and the Spanish Marseilles deck I found the other week for 1 euro.

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
The box of decks found in an abandoned house. I didn't even have to pay anything.

What! I can't find a decent place that sells them and you're finding boxes of them strewn about for the taking? *indignant*

Were they in good shape? Don't you wonder who left them there, and why? That's really cool.