Baphomet: Tarot of the Underworld - by Akron and H. R. Giger

SherryZoned

Argh I cant find it..Can someone please post a direct link for me..i am kinda slooooow lol

catlin

Ok, I got my Giger yesterday evening. It is the Blue box Evergreen edition by Taschen GmbH with 22 cards, 220-page-book and poster/spreadsheet with the "Baphomet head" printed in silver on a black background.

As Jeannette had already pointed out, Akron choose the pictures out of the Giger oeuvre as Giger did not see himself apt to create the dark deck Akron had requested as he (Giger) had only a basic knowledge of the Crowley Tarot.

In the beginning, Akron wished to create a truly dark deck as the dark aspects he wanted to incorporate in the book about the Crowley tarot he had written together with H. Banzhaf but these darker aspects were rejected by the publisher.

There seems to be a homepage at www.baphomet.de

Pollux

On the home page you gave, catlin, I have read MMORPG
Massive
Multiplayer
Role
Play
Game

the MMORPG are a new kind of videogames, born around one year ago, and based on games/matches played by people all over the world, connected via Internet.

Are you sure it has something to do with the deck? :confused:
I can't read Deutch, so I am just guessing - even because I couldn't enter the site either...

catlin

Oh, Pollux, sorry to hear this! I just copied this e-mail addy out of the Giger book but I had no chance to check it before. There is a direct e-mail addy available to contact Akron but I do not know this one by heart. I have to look it up.

Did someone a google research with "Baphomet" or "Giger"? I wonder what you got there.

Pollux

No reply from Alida yet...
I am get quite frustrated.
Maybe I should e-mail them again?

rostie

pollux: if you want to find some more stores to buy it maybe addall is the solution, you get a list with the best prices so you can by your own choice...

http://www.addall.com

and sometimes it is at ebay for a good price...don't know the edition then, by addall you can choose the edition...

with love,

rostie

Pollux

Got me reply.
Here it goes...

"Gentile Valerio,
Il Baphomet - The tarot of the Underworld (Akron - H. R. Giger) che abbiamo in catalogo è la versione originale della AGMuller edito nel 1993 e non è corredato del CD degli Epilepsy.
Cordiali Saluti

======>

"Dear Valerio,
The B... we have in our catalogue is the original version by AGMuller published/edited (???) in 1993 and it is not accompanied by the CD by Epilespy.
Greetings

Now I am wondering... Jeanette come rescue me!!!

catlin

Hi Pollux,

In the back of my Giger book there are the Baphomet - Tarot of the Underworld and the CD separately mentioned with different ISBN numbers. Guess this won't hellp you to figure out this mystery.

Pollux

Who's the dumber kitten of the Forums? POLLUX! :D

I am so dumb! :D It did not occur to me before... You gave me a good idea Catlin, I'll simply have to ask for the ISBN number, and I'll have it figured out! :)
Thank you Catlin!!! :* :* :* :*
(ARGH! I still have to reply to a PM by you...Bad Pollux! LOL)