The Book of Kaos

FLizarraga

I don't want to be nosy, but was it much more expensive than the regular printing? I have it, and love it, and don't mind the size so much as the irregular black borders, and the bad cardstock. (It's as bad as the Efflorescent's or worse, and that's saying something.) If I could order the large one on better cardstock I'd be a happy camper.

Rodney, that box is GREAT. :)

G6

I don't want to be nosy, but was it much more expensive than the regular printing? I have it, and love it, and don't mind the size so much as the irregular black borders, and the bad cardstock. (It's as bad as the Efflorescent's or worse, and that's saying something.) If I could order the large one on better cardstock I'd be a happy camper.

Rodney, that box is GREAT. :)

It seems to be the same or similar cardstock as the 1st edition, which is like typical coverstock you would buy at kinkos. The difference is the cello sheen coating gives it a little more substance and protection. The dented edges were a surprise because I thought the cello sheen would prevent that, so it seems the cello sheen does not seal the whole card, but rather coats the front and back. The irregular borders are part of the design and are the same. It was a minimal extra charge for the smaller size and cello sheen finish. I think I put his email addy in the first post to contact him. PM me if you want, FLiz.

✌🏻

G6

FLizarraga

I sent you a PM, G6. :)

I seem to have the same edition you do, the one from 2004. At least, that's what it seems. I got it here on AT.

Interestingly enough, I just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMINATED-B...785820?hash=item212708729c:g:y7wAAOSwa39U0DIe

Which got me thinking: how do you laminate (or cello) a deck yourself? By the way, my deck looks like this one, because I, too, rounded those messed-up corners. I also edged it in black.

G6

I sent you a PM, G6. :)

I seem to have the same edition you do, the one from 2004. At least, that's what it seems. I got it here on AT.

Interestingly enough, I just saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMINATED-B...785820?hash=item212708729c:g:y7wAAOSwa39U0DIe

Which got me thinking: how do you laminate (or cello) a deck yourself? By the way, my deck looks like this one, because I, too, rounded those messed-up corners. I also edged it in black.

Yeah, I saw another 1st edition on eBay that someone laminated. I'm not sure. I'd like to know though because I still feel the edges will get messed up even with the cello sheen. If you find out post or PM me.

🙏🏻

G6

FLizarraga

Yeah, I saw another 1st edition on eBay that someone laminated. I'm not sure. I'd like to know though because I still feel the edges will get messed up even with the cello sheen. If you find out post or PM me.

🙏🏻

G6

Will do!

I do find offensive the gall of all those people selling this deck for big bucks as OOP, though. And the laminated one is so glossy that you can see the image of the vendor taking the picture...

G6

Will do!

I do find offensive the gall of all those people selling this deck for big bucks as OOP, though. And the laminated one is so glossy that you can see the image of the vendor taking the picture...

That is a concern if additional lamination will interfere with viewing the images. I'm going to investigate around here about options and consider ever so slight cornering to take the edge off. I do think the sharp edges seem to go with the deck though.

$100 isn't horrible for OOP, but I agree. One deck I was looking for was priced at $400. The problem is when one person comes up with a wacky price and everyone else follows suit.

✌🏻

G6

G6

I did the ever so slight corner clip on the deck and it feels better/more finished. I'm happy.

CORNERED KAOS IN PROGRESS...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 71.jpg
    FullSizeRender 71.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 182

FLizarraga

I did the ever so slight corner clip on the deck and it feels better/more finished. I'm happy.

CORNERED KAOS IN PROGRESS...

Perfect! :love:

I don't like square corners at the best of times.