Tarot of the Origins

SolSionnach

I have the d'Arte version of the Majors (I think. I hope I didn't sell them in my tarot purge!), and I was eagerly awaiting the full deck. Then I got the full deck. It was a major disappointment for me, because I found the cards not nearly as breathtaking as the Majors. Oh well.

but yes, you could read with the Majors alone! :D

ETA: Oh BOO. I did sell it. :(

But I haven't sold the LS d'Arte Tarocco de Imaginario. And I'm not selling that one ever. :(

annik

I have both version. I like the rawness. Of course, with any theme deck, there is some flaws. As with many decks, I haven't read much with this one. But I am ready to give it a try...

Mi-Shell

Both, my husband and me have a deep intrest in the paleolithic and the neolithic and quite like the "raw" artwork of the cards.
Reading with it I often see s images, symbols and signs in the brushstrokes thatare NOT part of the original art. However, it is not a deck that I would read with in public, since many women find the art disturbing.

Interestingly Peter said, that this "must be a deck for male Tarot enthusiasts" and I wonder, if that is true!???!!??

The crowned one

I have re-thought my post and decided to remove it. :)

karenquilter

sravana said:
I have the d'Arte version of the Majors (I think. I hope I didn't sell them in my tarot purge...
ETA: Oh BOO. I did sell it. :()

Yes, I bought it & I like it a lot! Thank you!
K

SolSionnach

karenquilter said:
Yes, I bought it & I like it a lot! Thank you!
K

lol

Very good! After I posted, I realized that I really didn't miss it all that much - so I'm glad that you like it! It's nice to know that it went to someone who appreciates it. :) :) :)

RiccardoLS

I had written a long post about this deck... but it got cancelled. :(
(Bad computer! Bad!)

You will have to imagine what I was about to say :)
(sigh...)

ric

Mi-Shell

..... now I am sitting here, wondering, what you, Riccardo, and also, what TCO wrote and iffff it would help me understand this deck better....????
Could you guys try again????
Please????!!!!
:love:

RiccardoLS

I have nothing to teach or to explain regarding the Origins.
What mostly I feel about it is the fact that it allows me to access some raw emotions. They are not passionate, or strong or extreme... not anymore tha any other emotion I usually find. They are raw, unadultered, *wild* (the same difference you feel when you eat farm meat and hunted meat, something like that). It is almost unpleasant.
I think I kind of have an acquired taste that domesticated my imagination. When I imagine a story I see the Journey of the Hero, for instance... a tale of growth and enlingtment. In the Tarot of the Origins, it's not so. I see the hunter, the beast... and I don't think about the *tale*. I feel something like eat or be eaten, like a scream, like smell, like blood, like fury, like pain... all togheter, all united but not harmonious, rather primal, from the *gut*.
It's not something I like... but it feels different... it makes me think. Even the stones, the jewels, they remind to me the contact with my hands, rough, sharp... not chiseled or sculpted, not domesticated.

It's like the art, the colors, someway can break thorugh the screen of my tales, of my hollywood-style immagination, of my XXI century sophistication.
I can see a stone and see it pointing to divine, I can see the sea and think it's endless, I can see a Rhine and think it's a God. Even silence is immense, and the night is only lighted by the stars.

It's like eating raw meat and fish... (not Sushi, rather like biting on a live squid).
And that is powerful. Unpleasant (possibly very male-energies), but powerful.

There are many decks that I like that try to convey a balance/harmony with nature, like the Druidcraft for instance, to choose one of the best. But is that really Nature? Or is a Nature already domesticated, that even if not arranged in little gardens and still full of magic, is a Nature that accepted man as its master?
In the Origins, Nature feels different... man is just one of its races, not the master in any way. The journey has just begun and the destination has not already been decided. And yes, Nature may be frighting, should be frightining! (I sort of realized today that I don't like all these decks portraying us the Divine in a confortable form)

Ric

SolSionnach

RiccardoLS said:
There are many decks that I like that try to convey a balance/harmony with nature, like the Druidcraft for instance, to choose one of the best. But is that really Nature? Or is a Nature already domesticated, that even if not arranged in little gardens and still full of magic, is a Nature that accepted man as its master?
In the Origins, Nature feels different... man is just one of its races, not the master in any way. The journey has just begun and the destination has not already been decided. And yes, Nature may be frighting, should be frightining! (I sort of realized today that I don't like all these decks portraying us the Divine in a confortable form)
Wow Ric, I think you hit it on the head.

Of course, there is a remarkable meme that started in the Romantic period; when the industrial revolution hit, people started romanticizing nature. I recently listened to an amazing podcast that talked about how nature was romanticized - the Druidcast #08 from the OBOD. It was talking about this in the context of the Horned God, and it was a completely fascinating listen.