Tarot of the Origins

aquestionmark

I found it difficult to read with, and it never became one of my favorites. I'm going to dig it out and try again. Maybe after these years my reaction will be different.

Yes! please post how your feeling about this deck when you dig it out. Now I am interested.

mad as a hatter

Yes! please post how your feeling about this deck when you dig it out. Now I am interested.

I will do that. I went over to the place where I store my not-used-very-often decks, and didn't see it.

Patrick Booker

I bought this deck when there were a few copies still around at a reasonable price. Never worked with it, but I like it - unique. Packs a punch.

Patrick

Samweiss

Wow, I wasn't aware that Toppi has illustrated a tarot deck! I would get this in a heartbeat if it were more easily available.

Same thing that happened with Yoshitaka Amano deck. :( Oh well, there's always the art books.

aquestionmark

Trimmed Tarot of the Origins

Now, this is an interesting (bootlegged?) edition.. I have some original copies of the deck and I also have a copy that is (possibly?) not a true lo scarabeo edition.

I have trimmed this one and it really adds a whole new depth and clarity to the deck..

Attachments

• 20150623_092554.jpg
    20150623_092554.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20150619_143940.jpg
    20150619_143940.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20150623_092823.jpg
    20150623_092823.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 20150623_092415.jpg
    20150623_092415.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 118

blue_fusion

It's not exactly dark... The artworks add this... rawness or roughness to readings. In a way, a bit similar to the LoS Vampires deck. But not quite. I remember hunting a copy of this down locally (as well as the Imagination's) some years back - it was OOP then, but thankfully, there weren't a lot of people here who paid attention to that, so I wad able to nail the last of both copies here. The art of this deck really packs a punch.

rwcarter

Now, this is an interesting (bootlegged?) edition.. I have some original copies of the deck and I also have a copy that is not a true lo scarabeo edition.
Does the box say Fabbri-Orbis on it? If so, they licensed a number of decks from LoS (or they were printed in conjunction with LoS - LeFanu would know better) and made slight changes to the card dimensions if memory serves.

Rodney