What is your favorite tarot deck of all time?

Nickigirl

My absolute can't live without deck is the Greenwood. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/greenwood/
OOP and ever-so-expensive, I don't regret a single penny that I spent on it, thanks to a wonderful ATer who sold it to me!!!!

I also wouldn't want to live without the Thoth and RWS, but I could if I had to.

Nicki

zan_chan

My favorite deck is still the Haindl, though I haven't actually read with it in a bit. Otherwise its always TdM for me - sometimes the Flornoy Noblet, sometimes my ratty Grimaud.

JuniperShadow

Definitely the Universal Waite. It's what I learned on years ago, and the images are the standard RW but softer colors, so easy to read.

Cerulean

Curious

Not the most historic, but 1948 Modiano version of ' Cagliostro' and 18??-90 Simon Blocquel and Edition Delarue designs of Etteilla.

I think Servants of Light and Tarot of Ferrara have brightness I should color copy for more personal use.

I am doing top five designs and continue to delight in my Italian and Marselles based chums, so never did the just one...

Freddie

Oswald Wirth by Agmuller/US Games.

Freddie

Le Fanu

Probably the Thoth.

I read with others and my emotions often speak more with others, but when I come back to the Thoth after any period of feeling sated by it, I feel it is the only deck which I will always find inexhaustible.

ETA; cross posted with Chiska :thumbsup:

Chiska

Probably the Thoth.

I read with others and my emotions often speak more with others, but when I come back to the Thoth after any period of feeling sated by it, I feel it is the only deck which I will always find inexhaustible.

Well said, Le Fanu. I couldn't elaborate as to why it is my favorite, but you certainly did. It is always fresh with new aspects to discover and explore. It would never get old. But it does exhaust me, and that is why I have all the other decks! Something to do when recovering from Thoth study!

Nickigirl

Probably the Thoth.

ETA; cross posted with Chiska :thumbsup:

Well said, Le Fanu. I couldn't elaborate as to why it is my favorite, but you certainly did. It is always fresh with new aspects to discover and explore. It would never get old. But it does exhaust me, and that is why I have all the other decks! Something to do when recovering from Thoth study!

And these are why it's on my list as well, although I do connect emotionally more with the Greenwood. But Thoth, and to a lesser degree RWS, feel like they have enough in them for me to study them forever and never run out of things to learn.