Your top ten list

Le Fanu

No order - it changes all the time -but they shuffle up and down the list. Of course I own all of these :bugeyed:

1 An RWS ( PCS / Blue Box / Hoi Polloi etc etc / any edition. I consider it one deck)
2. Thoth
3. Victorian Romantic
4. Pierre Madenié
5. Royal Fez Moroccan
6. Greenwood
7. Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA
8. Nicoletta Ceccolli
9. FX Schmid Cosmic
10. Deck of the Dead

Of course I could extend it to 11 or 15... or 17....

But enough.

Citrin

I'm bored at work so uuuh enjoy my explanations lol :p

I feel like I can only list tarot decks that I actually own and have worked with. There are some beautiful decks out there that I’m looking forward to purchasing one day (Wild Unknown, Starchild, etc), but until then to me it’s impossible to tell if I will connects with them or not in a reading situation. Images online can’t really tell me that… And it’s really important for me to be able to actually use a deck and get a good vibe from it in my hands. :) And oracles, that's a whole other list. ;)

1. Dame Darcy’s Mermaid Tarot
I love basically everything about this deck! It’s fun, unique, quirky, beautiful, and it has a personal touch that I absolutely adore.
2. Crystal Visions Tarot
It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for for years. It is feminine, very pretty and beautiful, has clear symbolism, and I love the colors (pink, purple, blue).
3. Rider Waite Smith Tarot
My good ol’ faithful! ;) This will always “be tarot” to me. It’s just THE deck. I’ve never found it ugly, they only versions I hate of this deck are the ones with the computerized fonts, ugh horrible…
4. Ludy Lescot Tarot
I have a special connection with this deck. And even though it doesn’t get used that much during this season I still love it and it has to be placed high on my list. :) I love its darkness, rawness, how it’s sexy, beautiful, and how it gives extremely honest crystal clear readings. Drawing cards from this deck often makes me gasp and go “okay, I shall never not trust tarot again, this is just scary!” – that’s how accurate this deck is.
5. Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot
I still need to study this unique deck so much more, but I love it. It takes me to another world when looking at the cards.
6. Shadowscapes Tarot
A deck I couldn’t read with for months, but then we clicked like whoa! It’s beautiful and I love the purple tone it has. I think I needed some time to get over that it’s almost a little TOO detailed. When I let that thought go, I could read with it so much easier. Now I tend to look at the big picture instead of getting stuck on details in the cards and now it reads beautifully.
7. Sun and Moon Tarot
Love the colors and the readings just flow so well. Based on Thoth, and I’m an RWS girl, but it just clicks with me and reads so clearly and easily. Great when reading for clients.
8. Robin Wood Tarot
This was my go to deck in 2006. I sometimes complain that it looks dated (80’s) but then I find myself going “Wow!” when I look through the cards.
9. Steampunk Tarot (by Moore and Fell)
A new deck in my collection, but it’s perfect for me. Easy to read, so well done, the people look so real and alive to me, love the court cards and even though it has kind of brownish/muted colors I don’t find it dark or anything.
10. Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg
Simple and yet so detailed. Unique and yet so RWS’ish. How is that possible? LOL. I love this deck, but yeah I love Russian art and culture so it really fits me. Online photos don’t do it justice at all unfortunately.

Thoughtful

My ten are ones l own and work with

Roots of Asia
Original Mythic
1JJ Swiss
Victorian Fairy
Pagan Cats
Gilded Tarot
Robin Wood
DruidCraft

Oracles
Druid Animal
Arch Angel Michael

minotaur

Waite-Smith laminated variation medium size by Carol Herzer

Roots of Asia

Rohrig

Victorian Romantic

Tarot of Prague

Vision Tarot by Dirk Gillabel

I know that is just six but those have become my workers over time. Got boxes more, as many of you do. They just haven't survived the test of time like these. The only new entry to this list is Roots of Asia but that has gone right to #1 worker.

greatdane

Smith Waite Centennial by US Games

I only have ten tarot decks (a couple I have two of, but same deck) and love them all.

But the Smith Waite Centennial in the original and the pocket in the tin are my go tos.

Aeric

My owned top ten, in alphabetical order:

Alchemical Renewed 2nd Ed.
Ancient Italian
CBD Marseille
Gay
Hermetic
Sacred Feminine
Stained Glass
Thoth
Universal Waite
Wild Unknown

Annabelle

Top ten, huh? This is challenging. And would probably change if I sat down and and combed through my collection and gave it a few days thought.

But just off the top of my head (in no particular order):

1. RWS (the plain old ordinary 1971 USG edition)

2. Thoth (the larger sized edition from USG in the green box)

3. Fournier TdM (it's not the nicest TdM in terms of production value, but I like the colors)

4. Creative Fire

5. Full Moon Dreams

6. Alchemical (Robert Place), 1st edition

7. Tarot of Prague, 1st edition

8. Legacy of the Divine, mass market edition (I like the size and shuffle-ability of it as compared to the limited edition)

9. Vachetta (I can't decide on which reproduction I like best at the moment)

10. Gaian (limited edition, full deck)

AJ

Don't think I have ten TOP favorites, I used to have a top 20 but a lot of them have fallen by the wayside in the last decade.

These have always been consistently on my top list though.

Songs for the Journey Home
Greenwood
Llewellyn
Margarete Petersen
Roots of Asia.

Favorite Oracles
Ancient feminine Wisdom
Oracle of the Dreamtime
Shaman's (Matthews)

Ballerina

Top 10 that I own

These are in no particular order as I like working with them all. Special note has to be made of the Zircus Magi as it always makes me smile and relaxes me.

-Zircus Magi
-Morgan Greer
-Tarot Illuminati
-Baroque Bohemian Cats
-Lost Tarot of Nostradamus
-Druidcraft
-The Fairy Ring Oracle
-The Heart of the Faerie Oracle
-Halloween Oracle
-Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards - sentimental favorite

This was a fun exercise.

Nina*

Starchild
Original RWS
Nicoletta Ceccoli
Bohemian Gothic
Mary-el
Dodal TdM
Deck of the Dead
Aquarian

Morgan's
Alchemist's Oracle Connected and Free

That's 10. Let's just pretend I didn't also add Le Fanu's Destroyed Dondorf, Dame Darcy's Mermaid, Victorian Romantic and Carol Herzer's Illuminated.