Your favourite book for Tarot spreads ?

Gillyboo

365 Tarot Spreads

I just bought the Kindle version of 365 Tarot Spreads. What hooked me was the Star Wars spread. :cool2: I think this book will be fun and novel to play with.

The Deck of 1000 spreads is also excellent.

RunningWild

Both The Deck of a Thousand Spreads and Barbara Moore's book Tarot Spreads: Layouts and Techniques to Empower Your Readings are good spreadcrafting sources if you want to create your own spreads.

Last night I bought Sasha Graham's 365 Tarot Spreads but I haven't had time to look through it yet. I also bought Complete Book of Tarot Spreads by Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig which was just published this year. I'm not quite as keen on the Burger and Fiebig material because theirs seems to be more of a psychological approach coupled with astrology neither of which I find particularly interesting, but that's just me. However, it was inexpensive (around $10 USD) so I made it mine. LOL

Power Tarot is good. I've got that one, but the quality of the book itself leaves a bit to be desired. Mine is falling apart and I know I didn't use it that much.

There are a couple of ebooks of spreads compiled by AT's own that are interesting.

However, most of the spreads I use, and ideas for other spreads, have come right from the AT forum itself in the Tarot Spreads area. I keep a notebook of the spreads I use or want to use along with the name of individuals who created them.

I hope this helps.

coyoteblack

Power tarot was my favorite for tarot variety but tarot tells the tail is the best for 3 card spreads and Robert has a book " tarot history , symbolism , and divination" that covers a lot on tarot including spreads which I like his view on directions the cards face.

shadowdancer

365 tarot spreads

Well, I have done a few readings with this and these are my thoughts:

A lot of work has gone into correlating the spread with the particular day, by looking at a relevant event that occurred. Nice touch.

They are varied and fun to do, and have re-enthused me to continue with daily draws.

The spreads I have used so far have been nicely varied. Also not too long or too short.

I take on board comments re: yes/no, and can either re-word them in my journal as I write up the reading, or not use the occasional spread position if my gut feeling tells me it is redundant.

I tend to finish by drawing x 3 Lenormand cards as an overall summary, and then a final Oracle of Visions card to give me something to contemplate in relation to the spread and reading. So far is working very, very well.

I am glad I purchased this book. The downside is it only seems to work on my kindle, and does not work on my tablet. In time I may invest in the paper copy, as I don't really enjoy reading text books on my kindle in the same way I do novels. I have owned other books in the past dedicated to spreads, but this one is the one I feel I want to work with.

Davina

Metafizzypop

A book I like very much for tarot spreads is "Tarot and Individuation: Correspondences With the Cabala and Alchemy." I know it's a stuffy sounding title. Believe me, it's a stuffy book (it was a gift actually). It's by Irene Gad, and talks about the Major Arcana. In addition to Cabala and alchemy, it also covers Jungian symbolism, Christianity, history, etc. Not an easy read.

However, the last part of the book is chock full of tarot spreads. There's 70 pages worth of deliciously occult spreads, all very different, and all very suitable to any question. I have this book out as a reference all the time, just for the spreads.

MysticMoonlight

My vote is for Power Tarot. I recently purchased this book and I'm so glad I did, it's awesome. I have Barbara Moore's Tarot Spreads and I do like it as well but Power Tarot is my first choice without a doubt.