Another question : who shuffles?

Grizabella

Although some folks don't like anyone touching their cards any time--any how--any way---most people do like the sitter to at least cut the cards and choose from the fan, I think. For myself, I don't mind if the sitter shuffles and cuts, but I usually don't fan them. I usually deal them from the top of the deck.

Sheri

I don't care who touches my cards either, as long as they do it with proper respect for the deck. No one's energy is going to be stronger than mine with my own deck. :D

I shuffle the cards an odd number of times between readings, but I then turn the deck over to my sitter and tell them that they can shuffle, cut or otherwise mix the cards however they want to while thinking about their question or what they want me to focus on.

I find I have to do shuffling first to make sure that the cards are well mixed between readings as sometime the sitters don't feel comfortable shuffling the cards and they don't get mixed well.

I try to shuffle immediately after a reading, but when things are busy and there are people waiting, I can't help but shuffle in front of a sitter. When they are sitting there and I am shuffling, I call my shuffling "cleansing the last reading from the deck."

I also do a "process" spread in which the sitter picks the best card that represents them now, and another that represents where they want to be or what they want. I then pick up to 5 cards to fill out the space in between the cards, each card indicating what needs to be done for that step in the process. Usually, I take the deck after the person shuffles and/or cuts and spread the cards face up so the two cards can be picked. I then gather the rest of the cards up and lay out the steps without reshuffling or really looking at them.

I also deal from the top.

:love: valeria

Rosebud2012

I get the querent to totally handle them throughout, put their vibes into them, cut them etc so that whatever comes up has been their shuffle and therefore destined.

EricthoDeSalamander

I like to keep my decks as neat as possible, so I'm a bit leary about other people touching the cards.

I do let them pick a number (between 1-20), and that's the amount of times I'll shuffle the deck, and then I just deal from the top and go from there.

CRISTAL QUARTZ

Both ways work!

Normally I let the client shuffle the cards because is his/her energy what we need to read his cards, but I experienced reading by skype or phone and as long as you put the right significator (depending of his element sign) the cards are going to talk about that person. Works either way, reading is accurate.