The Lover's Path Tarot Study Group

Sophie-David

Well I just received this gorgeous deck and I know many ATF members share my delight in Kris Waldherr's The Lover's Path Tarot. Who would like to join me in a study group?

irisa

Oh dear... I really shouldn't read the new deck posts I read your thread on the arrival of this deck and just had to look and once I'd looked I had to have it tsssk :)

So yes I'd be interested in discussing the deck although if you start before mine arrives I'd appreciate scans :)

Alice

I got mine for christmas (well jusr after, it got caught in the christmas post). I would love to be part of a study group, although I have never been part of one before so am not entirely sure what it would involve.

Sophie-David

irisa said:
Oh dear... I really shouldn't read the new deck posts I read your thread on the arrival of this deck and just had to look and once I'd looked I had to have it tsssk :)
Hi Irisa

Ah, you have that Tarot disease! I read a stern warning in my beginner Tarot course a few months ago not to get a second deck for a good year. This is now my fifth deck and Ancestral Path is now on its way today (but it had been backordered for a couple of months).

irisa said:
So yes I'd be interested in discussing the deck although if you start before mine arrives I'd appreciate scans :)
The set seems to be readily available - it just took a week to come from Amazon.ca. Almost all the cards are available online at The Lover's Path web site, select "View Art from the Lover's Path" when the page comes up. I will also post a direct link to each card's image as I have done for the Connolly study group. There are errors at the Lover's site, but I've figured out how to bring up all the cards except for Fertility (The Empress). If someone else starts a thread and is not comfortable with adding the link to the picture I will do so on my first reply.

I notice you have my beloved Legend deck. The Legend online discussions got me hooked on study groups as a great way to learn a deck.

Cheers
David

Sophie-David

Alice said:
I got mine for christmas (well jusr after, it got caught in the christmas post). I would love to be part of a study group, although I have never been part of one before so am not entirely sure what it would involve.
Hi Alice

Well, I'm fairly new to study groups too. I've just been involved with the Legend for about a two months, and the Connolly for about a week. I have agreed to maintian the indexes for each of these groups and would be willing to do the same for The Lover's Path. We do not have any formal plan in these groups: a person will just start a thread on a card that interests her or him and then others will respond. A real synergy has developed in the Legend group which has been running longer. I think we are all learning a lot more about the cards than we could have done on our own. There's really no wrong answers about a card, its how the card speaks to you. But getting feedback from how others relate to the card really can broaden one's horizons.

I think its a good idea to use this format for the the title of the first post, which becomes the thread title, such as: "The Lover's Path: Innocence - Tamino and Pamina" for Majors or "The Lover's Path: Ace of Cups" for Minors. This makes cards easier for people to find - but I certainly won't be upset if other formats are used. :) I am usually on the forums every day, so I would add a new thread to the index immediately, but if I miss one just send me a PM.

Lastly, I think its great to have an open study group, so anyone can feel free to join in without having to sign up. So there's my four bits. :)

I notice you have Kris Waldherr's first deck too Alice, Goddess Tarot, its also a beautiful deck. I received my second reading on that deck early last year, the first was with the Connolly.

Blessings
David

irisa

Hi Sophie-David

Sophie-David said:
Ah, you have that Tarot disease!

So that's what it is... she grinned. And I tell myself I'm a just a collector A classic beginners trap then :)

I haven't counted the decks I have. It would be too confusing as a beginner to try and use them all so I actually only use 3 decks on a regular basis. But then I think I'll be a beginner all my life so what the heck it's about what feels right. Errr right?

I've ordered the Lovers Path direct from the US to get the limited edition it says 4-6 days so fingers crossed.

But you do realise this is all your fault you are a very bad influence :) If I hadn't read your thread about getting yours..... you were so enthusiastic! I might not have seen it...

I do have Legend and it's my absolute beloved too... although I'm torn between two lovers at the moment - Legend and the Druidcraft another fantasic deck.

And I've been following and enjoying the Legend Study Group and sitting on my hands trying not to "collect" study groups too. Plus while it's interesting and thought provoking to read I have such a good relationship with my Legend deck I don't want to "think" too much in case it spoils that. :)

irisa

Melpomone18

Hee hee!

Quote about "Tarot Disease"

irisa said:
So that's what it is... she grinned. And I tell myself I'm a just a collector A classic beginners trap then :)

LMAO! You know, I've been doing exactly the same thing ever since I've joined this forum. My boyfriend grumbles at each new acquisition but I sniff and tell him to back off because I'm a "serious collector." I think that means I've got a "serious" case of TD. (Probably terminal...)

I've ordered this one because with all of the mythological and literary references I just can't resist and yes, I would *love* to contribute to this study group as soon as mine gets here, hopefully just in time for Valentine's Day! ;)

Sophie-David

irisa said:
But then I think I'll be a beginner all my life so what the heck it's about what feels right. Errr right?
Hi Irisa. I think that is a wonderful attitude, to always be a beginner.

irisa said:
I've ordered the Lovers Path direct from the US to get the limited edition it says 4-6 days so fingers crossed.
Oh, well, if its the limited edition then you must be a collector after all. ;)

irisa said:
But you do realise this is all your fault you are a very bad influence :) If I hadn't read your thread about getting yours..... you were so enthusiastic! I might not have seen it...
Yes, I've been told this before. Did you also read Dreaming About The Lover's Path in which a significant dream made me get off my butt and actually order The Lover's Path? So in turn I will blame it all on Sophie, High Priestess of my dreams! ;)

irisa said:
And I've been following and enjoying the Legend Study Group and sitting on my hands trying not to "collect" study groups too. Plus while it's interesting and thought provoking to read I have such a good relationship with my Legend deck I don't want to "think" too much in case it spoils that. :)
Heh, heh, collecting study groups :D - at least its not so expensive!

Cheers
David

Sophie-David

Melpomone18 said:
I've ordered this one because with all of the mythological and literary references I just can't resist and yes, I would *love* to contribute to this study group as soon as mine gets here, hopefully just in time for Valentine's Day! ;)
Welcome Melpomone!

I think we definitely have enough people to go ahead - and if we pick up more along the way that's great too.

Yes, I was also drawn to the mythological and literary in the deck, in much the same way as to the Legend deck. But the art, the operatic references and my previous exposure to the Goddess Tarot were equally important. And then there was the dream I mentioned above which was the clincher.

I've just been watching Mozart's Magic Flute in preparation for writing on "Innocence - Tamino and Pamina", but I'm running out of creative energy for tonight so I think I'll just start the index thread for now...

irisa

Hi Melpomone

I'm a sucker for mythology and art too... It's hard on the wallet but good for the soul :)

Sophie-David... lol yes I did read that thread too. You do see the link to the Legend seven of swords now though don't you?

>Inspiration. Enthusiasm.
>A new direction and purpose.
>The beginning of a new enterprise.

:)

irisa