Non-scenic RWS pips (split from Impact pf PCS on the RWS deck)

Babalon Jones

Ah I see what you mean. The bottom ones, look like they are tipped forward instead of flat.

Laura Borealis

Yep, easy enough to fix. :p

I like the disembodied hand on the 4 of Cups, it's just hovering there wishing it was an Ace.

I plan to do a set that's totally stripped down, and then offer some alternative cards with some details left, like that hand.

Aces will be left alone. Do people want a full deck? These, plus courts and majors?

Babalon Jones

I could go either way. The 36 pips would be enough for me, to use with a standard RWS. Or the whole thing, in black and white, would be cool as well.

Teheuti

I kinda like the cloud and flowers but I understand that if we are going for just the pips then the plain images are preferable.

These are great - thank you, Laura Borealis.

Deoiridh

Yes same here! The patterns of the wands and the swords, straight or crossed, horizontal or vertical? And the cups and disks, is there a pattern like in geomancy? Any relation to heraldry? I was thinking about this in relation to TDM decks recently in that section, but it applies here too.

Sorry to get off topic here, but I had a similar thought about 6 of pentacles. The merchant has a set of scales in one hand and the card is supposed to be about charity, give and take, exchange. But I read a discussion where someone pointed out that he's only giving to one of the beggars (and I only have a very dim recollection of that comment), and that lead me to notice that the 6 pips are in a very awkward, non-symmetrical configuration. It's one of those things that I filed away in the back of my mind to look more into later.

Back to the topic, I never expected to be interested in a pips-only minors deck, but these stripped down images are fascinating. I may do some exploring of my own with the layers of images to see what else can be uncovered. It definitely got my own creative juices flowing!

Yelell

Laura Borealis - I just love this. Are you still working on it? ( not nagging, just curious :) ).

I tried once using the black/white scans, coloring only the pips (and a few other features) and half fading out the rest. It didn't turn out like I had hoped -- more like a bad Royal Fez Moroccan wannabe :rolleyes:

After seeing it, what you have done is much more interesting than I would have thought if the cards were only described to me. I just may copy this idea for my own personal collection of digital altered tarot images on my hard drive. (Every time I get a new app or photo editor, I throw the high priestess into all the filters and see what happens - really fun) Anyways, it's awsome- wish I would have looked at this thread sooner.

Teheuti

(Every time I get a new app or photo editor, I throw the high priestess into all the filters and see what happens - really fun)
I do this, too: the High Priestess and the Hermit. It's so cool to play with the effects. One of the masters of tarot and app effects is Carrie Paris. Check out her stuff via google.

Yelell

I do this, too: the High Priestess and the Hermit. It's so cool to play with the effects. One of the masters of tarot and app effects is Carrie Paris. Check out her stuff via google.

I've heard of her magpie oracle -- amazed me when I first saw it.

From my last app download.

Teheuti

From my last app download.
Wow - that's amazing. Much more extreme than I've ever done. Isn't it exciting to see what can be done?? I'd love to see more of what you've created. Can you tell us the apps?

Yelell

I stalk the 'free app of the day' websites and grab image editors whenever I can. I have a bunch of various alterations, but here are some of the more outrageous ones. The polygon priestess pic was from IOS app called poly --- there's another IOS app called polygen which doesn't turn out quite as good IMO but it is easier and more automatic.

On the subject of unillustrated pips, here's also one of my attempts at 'less' illustrated ( 6 of swords - removing the humans.) I love the result in some cards, but it hasn't made sense in others. That's the problem with each my different variations - it's never worked perfectly for all of the cards.