Tarot Basics: Favorite card Assignment

NamasteIndia

My favourite card is 9 of pentacles from Gilded Tarot there are some cards in Gilded tarot which are very pretty and well illustrated and this is one of them

I am a nature lover and simply love flowers, butterflies, birds and the woman on 9op is so close to nature she is holding onto a bird and there are so many colourful butterflies around her with pretty flowers this is what draws me to this card.

Also i like her pretty gown and the way she is dressed. The plus points about this card is that the lady is depicted as someone who is independent, strong, confident she is on her own and yet not having any insecurities she knows to handle her loneliness and downsides.

She connects with nature to find her harmony also there is abundance of luxury, comfort and lot of prosperity.

The negatives of 9op is probably poverty, penury, not having enough to sustain, hatred for nature, stealing from nature and wildlife, lack of self confidence and immaturity.

Attachments

• nine of pentacles-edited by me.JPG
    nine of pentacles-edited by me.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 164

bianca

Favorite Card

My all-time favorite card is the Fantasy Showcase Tarot's Ace of Swords card, by Blair Wilkins. I love the rune-carved double edged blade. I also love that the image is in space, evocative of science fiction stories, astronomy and astrology.

This card is indicative of triumphant power and championship, but also can be read as conquest and tyranny. Swords are Air cards and about Possessions. I take them to indicate material status.

I also have a soft spot for Joseph Vargo's Gothic Tarot's Wheel of Fortune. It has two golden dragons protecting four interlocked gold rings, and a stylized golden "Green Man" motif in each of the 4 corners. The image on this card is suitable for a premium rug or wall tapestry.

WoF is about fortune, luck, and the cycle of life-ever-changing. It's downside is bad luck, over-abundance, misfortune brought upon oneself, and facing a challenge.

I've had the Ace of Swords in my readings before, but I have not had the Wheel of Fortune.

jds91592

The Hermit

My favorite card is the Hermit. I feel a strong connection to the Hermit, specifically the Rider Waite/Universal Waite art. I love the idea of venturing out into the world alone in a state of introspection, being skeptical about things that are perceived and constantly observing and evaluating what is perceived. This pretty much sums up my personality to a large extent.

I am a introverted person by nature, I prefer spending time alone and do a great deal of introspection. I am an musician (guitarist) and most of my writing and ideas come at times when I am alone. I also have a very vivid imagination and can sometimes lose touch with the present reality. I am also a virgo and I feel this has a great deal to do with my connection to the Hermit being that the star sign of the card is virgo. I also prefer hanging out with close friends in small groups over large groups or parties. Something about large groups just turns me off and i've always had a smaller social circle throughout my life. In general, i just keep to myself.

Downfalls to the card and myself is the idea of others perceiving me as a grouch and anti-social in nature. I have been called these things and sometimes people will think that I have a problem with them because I don't open up to them, but really this is not the case, I just don't open up to many people and prefer my privacy. My emotions are strong and often times so intense or mixed that I have a hard time putting them out in words, for this reason I am often called sensitive and this used to bother me, but i now accept this and have gotten better at controlling them as I have matured into a young adult.

Overall, I feel as if the Hermit just describes me accurately in body and spirit and this is the reason it is my favorite card.