The Illuminated Tarot - Carol Herzer

Dwaas

Still awaiting my medium deck. Carol mailed me there is a waiting queue and that may be because of you all getting your decks. :laugh:

Penny Dreadfuls

Skimo said:
The Pocket is great to spread all the cards in front of you without needing the floor of a whole room, I like that!

I thought it was cute, but way to tiny for me. I ended up giving it away as a gift.

Skimo

Penny Dreadfuls said:
I thought it was cute, but way to tiny for me. I ended up giving it away as a gift.

It is cute! I have received the tiny tarot today and that is too tiny for me ;o)
But it's great to have the choice of the size.

It's my travel deck.

Sulis

Carol emailed me with some information about the decks she's making at the moment.

She says that the lamination is the same lamination that she has always used except now it's on both sides of the cards.
The medium sized deck is now on the thicker card-stock that she has always used for the large sized deck.
For those of you who are awaiting decks with the iridescent colours applied, Carol tells me that she has a new way of applying the iridescent paint, she now primes the cards to 'break the surface tension' before applying the iridescent paint and that means that it goes on a lot better and she also has some lovely new colours of iridescents including emerald green which Carol says is gorgeous.

Carol has also signed up to the forum here but she says she hasn't had chance to check it out yet due to being so busy..
I've told her that her deck has many fans on these boards :).

Dwaas

That's teasing for those who wait... :rolleyes: :)

Moonbow

What a fascinating journey this deck has taken, and Carol clearly loves to offer a personalised deck to each customer. I can see why you like this Sulis, even though I rarely pick up a WCS deck these days.

As modern renditions go I much prefer this to the Universal, and the prices are very good for custom made decks that are signed.

The Justice/Strength numbering is tempting.... :)

Carol Herzer's website:

http://www.aeclectic.net/cgi/buyframe.cgi?type=deck&id=714

Stormdancer

bags???

I'd like to hear a wee bit about the bags that come with some offers....I don't have any bags with pictures of the deck on them...how is it all done? and what is the quality of the bag?

inquiring minds want to know...LOL

Stormdancer

Skimo

I have received a small pouch in a gorgeous metallic red fabric (she asked me to choose a color and then gave me the choice with different fabric).

The borders and inner fabric are golden and the card glued on the bag is the Ace of Wands.

It's a really nice bag. I keep it closed by folding it.

Sulis

Stormdancer said:
I'd like to hear a wee bit about the bags that come with some offers....I don't have any bags with pictures of the deck on them...how is it all done? and what is the quality of the bag?

The bags are lovely but have no fastening.. They are a bit like a sleeping bag for the deck. I've given mine to my daughter to use as a sleeping bag for one of her toys.

They are lined and if you like Carol will stick a card of your choice to the front. I chose to have my bag with no card attached. The one I have is a turquoise-green faux silk with a lining of metallic purple fabric.

They are very good quality and very well made but I don't like bags that are made from man-made fabric and I prefer a bag that's closable so I swapped it for one of my own hand-made bags :).

Moonbow* said:
What a fascinating journey this deck has taken, and Carol clearly loves to offer a personalised deck to each customer. I can see why you like this Sulis, even though I rarely pick up a WCS deck these days.

As modern renditions go I much prefer this to the Universal, and the prices are very good for custom made decks that are signed.

The Justice/Strength numbering is tempting.
It was the hand-made factor and the fact that Justice and Strength have been switched back to their rightful positions that really swung it for me :)

I'm so glad I got this deck though as I really do love the line drawings of Pixie Smith but I don't tend to use my old Rider version any more because the Strength / Justice switch just doesn't work for me.

Now I have a Rider / Waite / Smith deck that I can use for readings and on top of that it's beautiful and hand made.. The size is good too, the medium size is just right for carrying around.
I don't think I'd like the pocket size, it would be too small for me.

Anam Cara

I received my first Illuminated last Friday...
it's everything I hoped for and more!

And, it arrived at the perfect time...

My father-in-law passed away on Father's Day,
and the week following was filled with thrown-together
travel arrangements, preparations for the services,
and the funeral itself.
The bleakest of weeks in recent memory,
and we are all still reeling from the shock.

The last place I wanted to be Friday morning
was back at work, but back to work I went...
and what was waiting for me on my desk?
A package from Carol...my heart lifted!
A bright ray of sun peeking out from the clouds...

The Illuminated and I have been getting to know
each other...in bright flourescent office lights,
late night candlelight, and in the sad, smoky
sunlight that is currently blanketing Northern
California...And in every light, the Illuminated
glows in my hands...'tis magic, which is just
what I needed, just when I needed it...
The readings the iridescent cards have been giving
to me have provided insight and comfort at a time
when I have needed both, desperately.

Thank you to the AT'ers who purchased some
of my other decks that made it possible for me
to adopt this lovely deck...and thanks to all
who have posted their reviews of the Illuminated.

It's one Tarot deck I hope to keep close at hand, always.
:heart:cara