New deck around- The Gypsy Palace Tarot

Nina*

Obviously the guide book is only general meanings and not explanations of her art.

danieljuk

Nora sent a message out on her email list today and the full guide book is now finished! it's leather bound (you can choose between black and brown) and 112 pages long. Each book is apparently 'hand made' and 'includes a short description, keywords and questions to each card, and a colour dictionary'. She really wants to explain the 'language' of the deck and it also has spreads and layout ideas.

you can get it from her etsy here. If you bought the deck before check your email account, you can use a 10% discount code for people who bought the deck before.

I am thinking of buying this. The deck really bugs me. It's so beautiful and such amazing art but I can't read it! I want to buy the book to see if I can work out Nora's idea for each card :) If I do buy it, will update if it is helpful as a guide!

Nina*

On her site you can preview the book and it is all completely generic meanings.
In other words she doesn't explain her images in this book at all.

Unfortunately. :(

Winterchild

On her site you can preview the book and it is all completely generic meanings.
In other words she doesn't explain her images in this book at all.

Unfortunately. :(

Rats... I was hoping it would be something more than a LWB... why the leather? I could understand if it had stories of the art and original inspirations for the images etc, but this is a very expensive generic LWB as Nina says... ah well.... I am put off the deck by the many languages that take up so much space, but I do love the colours...!

MoonGypsy

original frustrated post deleted...

:heart: Giving it another chance, as i soooo love the art and Nora H!

feynrir

I ordered this one a while ago, and it is probably close to my home by now. For me it was THE must-have, most desired deck for ages! I wanted to meet it ever since I heard about it, saw it; and I waited for the longest time to order it to make sure the time was right. To me it looks like it would read quite clearly!

So I really hope that I'll have a different experience from those who described their disappointment here :D I will update when the GP arrives, I'm sure!

MoonGypsy

I ordered this one a while ago, and it is probably close to my home by now. For me it was THE must-have, most desired deck for ages! I wanted to meet it ever since I heard about it, saw it; and I waited for the longest time to order it to make sure the time was right. To me it looks like it would read quite clearly!

So I really hope that I'll have a different experience from those who described their disappointment here :D I will update when the GP arrives, I'm sure!

Good Luck, my friend! It was the deck i wanted more than any other, and was most excited about, too. i waited a long time [i pre-ordered from the Indigogo fundraiser]...i gave it well over a year of constant struggle...:p Tarot--No...

i still think it might have Oracle possibilities...

i sincerely hope it will be all you dream it will be...

The colors are rich and vibrant, and the cardstock is fantastic...

i am probably too set in my ways, after reading for so many years...

i just had to try too hard to make this deck work as a tarot deck..

i had high hopes in the beginning...it went down from there...

ETA: It is now August 2015, and i am having better luck...
i highly suggest journaling each card. This is a slowwww process, but more that
worth it!

danieljuk

do update how you find it feynrir! it's the most tricky deck I have ever bought and you can see all the posts here earlier! My belief is you can only really understand what the art and symbols in each card are saying if you are in Nora's head, otherwise it's a mystery! a beautiful mystery :)