Poll: Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

• Tarot of Prague

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Fairytale Tarot

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Fantastic Menagerie Tarot

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Victorian Romantic Tarot

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Votes: 35 29.7%

• Total voters

Gulliver

Hello,

we are writing the year 2014, things change over the time, so I would like to know:

Which deck from MRP is your favourite now? Maybe you could name the edition too, if it makes a difference for you.

I hope you enjoy the poll as I do. :)

Gulliver

Ok, I'll begin. Most of all I like the ToP and the BoHoGo. The Tarot of Prague is my all time favourite (together with the CBD), so I vote for ToP.

I like all of the MRP decks, but would like to mention the Fairytale too, it's a very special deck in my opinion..

Granville

I voted for the Victorian Romantic. BBC and TofP are close contenders also. I also like the Bohemian Gothic but that one is definitely 4th.

WolfyJames

My favorite is the Bohemian Gothic Tarot, silver and first edition. After that I'd go for the kitties and fairy tales ones.

agviz

Tarot of Prague 1st edition.

Le Fanu

Victorian Romantic. Any edition, just any. I absolutely adore it. 1st edition, Gold, Russian, 2nd edition, mini - just any of them. In any bag.

I owe my entire tarot renaissance - after my love of tarot had lain dormant for 15 years - to the chance discovery of this deck one winter's day in 2007 while browsing in a bookshop.

And I never tire of it. Even today, despite my studies and the Thoth and all the other tarot riches, it is the Victorian Romantic courts that I read more effortlessly than any other courts.

Of course it is easy to name runners ups and close seconds but if I'm honest, I have to just say Victorian Romantic and then shut up. :D

Rhinemaiden

I would have agreed with Le Fanu -- the Victorian Romantic is stunning and I get more out of it every time I use it; like Le Fanu I have all VR editions -- but that would be copycatting. Instead, I'll go out on a limb with my choice:

Fantastic Menagerie

The sun card alone makes this deck my personal favorite. The more I use this deck, the more I see how perfect (and often witty) the JJ Grandville art chosen by Karen and Alex is in conveying RWS meanings. It's a delightful deck.

Here's the Fantastic Menagerie sun:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/01/c8/19/01c819d45814c0be8bee68d4d1abddb7.jpg

firecatpickles

Love, love, love the FMT! Glad to find another fan.

Ready to start a study Thread?

I would have agreed with Le Fanu -- the Victorian Romantic is stunning and I get more out of it every time I use it; like Le Fanu I have all VR editions -- but that would be copycatting. Instead, I'll go out on a limb with my choice:

Fantastic Menagerie

The sun card alone makes this deck my personal favorite. The more I use this deck, the more I see how perfect (and often witty) the JJ Grandville art chosen by Karen and Alex is in conveying RWS meanings. It's a delightful deck.

Here's the Fantastic Menagerie sun:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/01/c8/19/01c819d45814c0be8bee68d4d1abddb7.jpg

Melia

Fantastic Menagerie. It's special.

Quester

Love them all, but I think that the Fantastic Menagerie is my favorite. It's so unique!!