Tarot of Innocence - it now exists

shadowdancer

** eta update **

DECK NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE. POST #31 GIVES DETAILS

Wow, 4 months ago would never have imagined this being possible.

Prototype print arrived and I am very pleased with it.

The photos do not do justice to the colours.
They are not as washed out looking when in your hand. Usually it is the other way round - you hear complaints of washed out images when they arrive compared to richly coloured on the PC screen. Not this time, but hubby did say he had worked hard to get the lighting and colour matching as close as he could for his own projects.

For now I will be bonding with the deck and will shortly offer a few readings on the readings forum with it.
Plastic copy for personal use ordered (an indulgence I think I have earned...lol)

Once the book is formatted and converted to a PDF, I will consider offering it for sale. My husband (bless him - he has the patience of a saint when it comes to me and anything to do with computers) is trying to work through the pig's ear I created. It looks great in word.doc form and printed, but when he turns on that paragraph thingie, it is all over the show.
I thought I had done enough just using page breaks. :D :D As for headings, what are they?? I created a few where I didn't know I had, but in the wrong places apparently.

In the meantime, I want to just share how it turned out.

4 photos of the deck this time, not just screen shots from the upload page.

** ** Title card (If anyone wants to come up with a name for him feel free - it would be kinda cute to give him one)

** **How it looks in the hand with the poker size and small borders.

** **Favourites (which I know will change over time)

** **Those which caused me to head scratch or were tricky.
The 4 of Swords is made up of two images. Steve drew two versions and I liked the pixie from one, but the water another.

The king of Pents was very roughly drawn. That I had to tidy up but not remove the wrong lines etc.

5 of Chalices had me learning how to do puddles effectively. Not that easy trust me. But I got there.

Wish me well over the next few weeks. A deck bonding reading then followed by a reading to try and get some insights into tonight's rugby game. Not a reading most would consider as relevant but if you live in NZ you would totally understand :D

11 years in the making, and I feel so darned proud and privileged. Not a project I will be undertaking again though. I have no idea for another deck, nor do I have the skills to draw one should it happen. So this is it folks. The one and only. :)

Davina

Attachments

• title card.jpg
    title card.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 413
  • hand size image.jpg
    hand size image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 393
  • favourites.jpg
    favourites.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 405
  • the tricky ones.jpg
    the tricky ones.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 341

rwcarter

CONGRATS Davina!

Hurry up on that book. You know some of us have been waiting almost as long as you have. ;)

danieljuk

oh congrats Davina, finally after many years your dream has come true and a physical copy of your work! I hope you do put it out when you have done readings with it and worked it all out! No hurry on your waiting public, I hope you can test the prototype on important rugby matters and the pics are gorgeous :) well done! :thumbsup:

shadowdancer

Thanks Daniel - you are lovely and supportive and always have been. I humbly appreciate that.
And Rodney - you in my corner has helped more than you can know.

In the meantime, I am still grinning like a Cheshire cat here. I have never undertaken such a project before. So many feelings, thoughts and emotions. Roller coaster is not the word. Writing books was a doddle compare to this. But I am so glad I did it.

Don't forget to consider a name suggestion for the dude on the title card. He is the first one I see each time, so deserves a hello :)

Quester

Congratulations Shadowdancer!! I love your new deck!!

nisaba

<grin> Are you going to make a companion deck now, the Tarot of Experience?

Thoughtful

What a labour of love this has been for you and not forgetting hubby! l like this deck and wish you every success with it :)

blue_fusion

Congratulations Davina! So proud of you! AND you did this in only 4 months too! Wow! What an achievement! They look great, especially with the black borders. :)

danieljuk

really amazing achievement :thumbsup: okay been thinking about the title card guy and what about "Ince" this is referring to Innocence but also is Latin related to Innocence? The cards you struggled with, now look as good as the ones that were your faves :)

shadowdancer

Thanks everyone. You are the ones now responsible for the Cheshire cat grinning staying on for day 2 :)

blue_fusion these took 8 weeks. Even I am pinching myself at that. For 8 weeks the housework went to hell in a handbasket, my gym workouts were down to just 2 a week. Gardens look like they are housing Dr Livingstone somewhere. :D
I was in a zone for sure.

So I take it there are no grumbles about the borders. What about the fact I used short card indexes instead of full titles? I find in a reading you can just home in on the card and use the card number/suit only if you want to, and not have the title as the first thing that catches the eye. I like that, but know some may not.

The rugby reading was good Daniel :) Even before the game started, I could name the referee from the appearance of the Empress card. Just didn't pick up the last card in a row being numbered 4 as indicating getting through to the the last 4. (DUH) That was too subtle for me, so they will learn to hit me between the eyes with a house brick when it comes to being subtle.

Off to see Minions today at the preview showing so no readings. May take them with me though :)

Daniel, thanks for the name suggestion. I think that would be a nice 'formal' name. His nickname he has been given by me and is our personal secret one. But I do like Ince.