Tarot of Innocence - it now exists

bonebeach

Congratulations! This is so cool. I'm new here so I haven't seen you go through the whole thing, but the pay off is nice all the same. :D The art looks like it would size up *or* down very well, too, which is a big plus.

Formatting books is a pain and MS word is basically the worst. Everyone trusts it for some reason, but nooo...

shadowdancer

bonebeach you are so right :) I learned to type in 1978 on the sit up & beg typewriters. So I just type. Have no idea about all the gizmos that come with a typing program

Re the upsizing, this is going to be the largest I go. Many of the scans I had sent to me of the drawings were low res. I had to do some jiggery pockery to get them so I could make them viable at this size. Also the ratio of height to width would not work tarot card sized. Well it would, if you had a large border top and / or bottom, but that to me defeats the object and would have me howling.

They do work well as minis though. Have that coming with the plastic. Neither will be titled but that is fine. I should know what they are by now. If they are offered for sale, it will be the same as you have seen: poker sized in linen carstock.

bonebeach

I laughed at the Blake joke. :)

shadowdancer, I am totally convinced that poker sized decks are totally THE BEST, so I think your choices are good and you should feel good! I am curious to see how the plastic works in the long run.

shadowdancer

Nisaba, I am soo sorry. I missed replying to the post which was rude of me.

And yep, I did not get the reference but do now. And am very ashamed, as we studied Blake briefly during my "A" level English literature days.

Trust, me a face palm is going on. :D

And NO, there will be no further deck coming from this household. Never. Nada. More chance of juggling with soot than me doing another deck.

But you got me thinking, has anyone ever done a Blake deck? If not are you offering your services :D

nisaba

RW is right, and I have a copy, due to a generous client of mine. :)

However.

A Tarot of Innocence *begs* for a Tarot of Experience ...

shadowdancer

It would be interesting to see how they progress from childhood (innocence) to teens or early adulthood (experience)
Swords could include first forays into shaving, although as I type, I am not sure pixies, elves or fairies would shave.

Phew, just talked myself out of it :D Nisaba, if it happens I take my hat off to the person who does it, but it sure as heck isn't going to be me. Remember - I have artistic ability of a gnat with epilepsy. Colouring this puppy is as far as I can go.

But great idea though. Where I took the characters back to childhood (with exception of Fool who went the other way into mid-life crisis) it would be cool to flip things around.

shadowdancer

Well, the plastic set is certainly going to arrive when it is good and ready. It's still in production stage.

Readings are going well with it. Have two more rugby games coming up this weekend, so will give them some more rugby to evaluate :) You can tell I created this when I lived in the UK. It shows soccer as the main sport on the suit of pents. If I had created it post 2008 you would have seen rugby posts and a funny shaped ball instead. Maybe some 'all black' outfits to compliment them. :D

I have thrown open some readings with it on the exchange forum. If anyone does womble over to take a look, I do have some strict criteria, which I hope does not offend or put anyone off.

Next post will probably show the plastic and minis when they arrive. In the meantime, I am working through another read of the book. Once that is finished my husband will then be able to do his bit without having to proof read it at the same time. Too much to ask / expect of him. Hopefully major grammatical or spelling errors will be picked up and corrected.