Which deck do you think is the most beautiful?

Silmaril23

It's hard to comment on decks that I don't personally own, but out of my own (rather small) collection:

1. Mary-El
2. Daniloff
3. Margarete Petersen

All very exceptional in terms of beautiful art, imho.

Silmaril23

I suppose the Serghi Udovichenko Ex-Libris Tarot is the most beautiful contemporary tarot deck. (I think it's also one of the most complex and sophisticated programs of tarot imagery ever done. In my opinion, that adds a lot to the "beauty" of it.)

OH WOW....this one is new to me. WOW. Thanks for introducing us! :D

reall

Illuminated Tarot by Carol H!:) original with iridescent paint and glitters!!m@u@m

Radiant Rider Waite
Golden Universal Tarot
Fairy Tarot Cards by DV!:)
Gilded Tarot!:)
Alice Tarot by BabaStudio!:))

Nemia

So many. Thoth, Daniloff, Trionfi della Luna, Margarethe Petersen, Roots of Asia, Wild Unknown... too many.

pearlmadgirl

Harty Potter?

Harry Potter Tarot

Surprised but relieved to see my three most expensive decks made the list. Hey... I did splurge for a reason :D

Harry Potter deck?! Is there one? Could you please show me where to find it?

Thanks,
Magda

Scarlet Woodland

Harry Potter deck?! Is there one? Could you please show me where to find it?

Thanks,
Magda

I can't link you there as the adult blocker on my phone won't let me on deviantart, but if you put "ellygator harry potter tarot" into google it'll come out on top. If I remember right, you have to email her and request a quote, then she makes one individually for you. It's Baba deck expensive... just to give fair warning :D You can save a bit by having the uncut sheets sent and cutting it all out yourself but the briefest of glances at the math told me it was well worth paying the extra.

HearthCricket

Baroque Bohemian Cats (Baba)
Alice Tarot (Baba)
Pagan Otherworlds
Golden Tarot
Medieval Enchantment

Padma

Oh, I forgot - also, the Stolen Child tarot...! (how could I forget? I love letting my eyes rest on the drawings!)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/stolen-child/

I agree with Nemia, though. There are so many beautiful decks out there...so hard to pick just a few!

EmpyreanKnight

For sheer dreaminess, lushly evocative glamor, and the kind of melancholy, fin-de-siecle sensuality that has laid waste to the mightiest of empires, nothing can really beat the Golden Tarot of Klimt.

I truly do not think that all that gold would predispose even the most refined connoiseur's aesthetic sensibilities against it. I must say that the tasteful use of metal in the cards is very much apropos in this case since Klimt himself used gold leaf in his most seminal paintings. It is a magnificent triumph - one of the most visually arresting Tarot decks I ever had the pleasure of working with.