Tarot decks by Paulina Cassidy

MysticMoonlight

I have them both and love them both but personally, if/when I want a straight forward, no-nonsense, no BS, no holds barred reading, I go for my beloved Paulina. It's blunt and honest, straight to the point. No guesswork. Its messages always leave me stunted for a moment or two. I sit blinking. Staring. At a loss for words for awhile. It sometimes take me a bit to collect myself from the absolute bluntness. I'm thankful for that, truly though. It's one of my fail-safe decks. I will never be without it. It's an absolute beautiful, soft, feminine looking deck (to me), sure, but it packs a no apologies wallop!

With that being said, that is not to imply that the Joie De Vivre isn't any of those things mentioned above, it just has a much softer, more friendly and kind, "feel" to its readings for me. For the lack of a better adjective, "playful" comes to mind for me. It's just "nicer". It's honest and forthright, of course, and an absolute gem if you like less "in your face" type readings. In my opinion, that is...to each their own, always.

Carojulie

Hey everyone,

I like her art a lot and considering getting one.

I have a couple of questions to those who own the Paulina Tarot deck and Joie de Vivre deck (both by Paulina Cassidy). Do you notice a big difference between the decks? To me, they seem similar but I'm not sure which one has more softer imagery. I tried exploring both but I just can't seem to decide which one I like best. Also are any of you not liking characters depicted in Joie de Vivre deck? There are couple of images that strike me a little too much.

Any input is very much appreciated!

Hello SunnyBee,

I have both, and I like them though I do not use them very often (but that is because I have other decks that I love too)
I think that, if I were to only keep one out of the two, I would be embarass to have to chose, now that I think of it.
Even if I dont read often with them, I am glad to have them both and to be able to get them out from time to time, because they are both beautiful in the end.

The Joie de VIvre is very happy, and I really like the characters depicted, they are cute an impish, but never in a bad way. None of the character is scary, the little imp like creatures are playfull and sweet, never mean.
The Joie de Vivre is less cluttered that the Paulina, wich makes it easier to read IMO. As another member rightly said earlier in the thread, the Joie de Vivre gives you accurate readings and will not shy from the difficult truth if need be, but will add a spoonful of sugar with it so you can take it easier.

I got the Joie de Vivre first, and because I liked the art I was drawn to get the Paulina too : though in the end I do not use the Paulina very much.

The Paulina is beautiful but I am not fond of the color palette which I find muddy and a little sad. Plus, the cards are so cluttered that I find this deck difficult to read especialy in large spreads.
But, there is no denying that the art is brilliant, and if you want to read only one card, you can spend a great amount of time searching details in one single card, and always finding more to interpret.

I do not have the Shadowscape and never wanted it because the images seem so cluttered that I feel like I would not be able to dinstinguish which one is which.
Well, the Paulina tarot gives me that impression sometimes too : not being able to tell which card is which, needing to squint at them to tell them apart. That is because there is so much going on in the cards, and also because all cards have the same color saturation and occupation of space by the drawing. It makes all the cards seem "equal" at first glance so they all seem to be the same.
Of course that impression disapears when you look at each card long and hard, then you realise that of course they are all very different, but I dont like this general impression I get. Large spreads are a blurr for me with this deck.
For that reason, the Paulina works best in one card draws, IMO. When looking at one card at a time, sometimes you can find little hidden details, and that's great about this deck.

You seem to be wary of the Joie de Vivre though, and to dislike the way some of the characters are drawn, so maybe you should listen to your instinct and get the one YOU like best "at first sight" ? Tell us what you end up chosing !

Good luck :)

SunnyBee

I have both too,and don't think you could go wrong with either deck.The joie de vivre does seem ,well more joyful,while the paulina has a very nice uniqueness to it.
If you're still undecided on these,she does have another deck coming out later this year,the spirit song tarot,which I'm super excited about,heres a link so you can see the artwork

http://www.paulina.ws/spiritsong/

Oh wow, I just had the chance to look at it! That deck is stunning! The artwork is beautiful!

SunnyBee

I have them both and love them both but personally, if/when I want a straight forward, no-nonsense, no BS, no holds barred reading, I go for my beloved Paulina. It's blunt and honest, straight to the point. No guesswork. Its messages always leave me stunted for a moment or two. I sit blinking. Staring. At a loss for words for awhile. It sometimes take me a bit to collect myself from the absolute bluntness. I'm thankful for that, truly though. It's one of my fail-safe decks. I will never be without it. It's an absolute beautiful, soft, feminine looking deck (to me), sure, but it packs a no apologies wallop!

With that being said, that is not to imply that the Joie De Vivre isn't any of those things mentioned above, it just has a much softer, more friendly and kind, "feel" to its readings for me. For the lack of a better adjective, "playful" comes to mind for me. It's just "nicer". It's honest and forthright, of course, and an absolute gem if you like less "in your face" type readings. In my opinion, that is...to each their own, always.

Someone actually mentioned the same thing you did regarding the blunt readings with Paulina! Joie de Vivre definitely can come off as "playful" but the more I look at the images, the more I see not so friendly faces from the characters. I might be the only person here who sees them that way. Like, for example, the Magician looks he is up to no good in Joie de Vivre and I can't explain why I see him that way.

And these decks are truly to each their own. I definitely do like "in my face" readings, fascinating what you can understand about the world around you.
Thank you!