Medieval Scapini Tarot Book by Luigi Scapini

ladysilkwood

I need to find a copy of the 1986 printing of Luigi Scapini's book for his Medieval Scapini Tarot deck. Does anyone know where I can find one. I have checked ebay, amazon, book depository but no one has the book, just the cards. If you can help I would appreciate it.

rwcarter

The only companion book I'm aware of for that deck is "Art and Arcana: Commentary on the Medieval Scapini Tarot" by Ronald Decker. Where are you seeing that Scapini himself wrote a companion book for the deck?

Rodney

rwcarter

Are you talking about what's commonly called the little white booklet (LWB) that comes in the same box as the cards? I checked my deck and that does have Scapini's name as the author.

ladysilkwood

Thank you for your response

I am not speaking of the LWB, although that does have the descriptions I am looking for (I checked my sons copy). But in 1986 Luigi Scapini published an entire book on his images and his meanings. The LWB has meanings done by US Games Systems, so I was trying to find an old copy of Scapini original book from 1986. I have abandoned my search for now since I have been using this deck since 1986 and can refer ( as a refresher) to my son's book. Thank you for your courtesy.

rwcarter

I've done multiple searches for a book by Scapini and have found no results. It's been almost 30 years, but can you remember anything else about the book - hardcover vs softcover, US publisher or foreign publisher, approximate # of pages, etc?

rwcarter

Wasn't aware of that book either Wendywu! But it's not by Scapini and is way too recent to be what ladysilkwood is referring to.

Wendywu

It interests me because it says there are 196 pages. If we say 78 for the cards then that surely means a 118 page book (or 80 cards, allowing for the blank end ones, and 116 pages). At that length the book is surely too long to be an LWB?

I wondered if it was a reprint of the book teamed with a new (well, 1996) printing of the cards. I wish I had enough money just to get a copy and find out!

Is there no handy completionist who wants every iteration of a deck around on this board?

Wendywu

Now that's a reason for which I have total sympathy and understanding :)