Dynamic Spreads Deck

Bill_Tarot

Thanks Davina!

"...it is as if he had crawled into my head, had a rummage around and pulled out all the pertinent ones that I love using. With a lot of valid and valuable additions for me to consider...."

I love that! And I'm glad you are tweaking how it's used and making it your own. I really enjoy the idea of people getting creative with the deck.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I hope you continue to find it useful.

Gillyboo

Wonderful set

I saw a video by Donnaleigh reviewing this set, and after, could not resist buying it (she's such a wonderful enabler).

It's beautifully packaged and sturdy, well-organized and will provide hours and hours of exploration. I love the pairings and the time cards. The companion book is also lovely. And what a clever idea to create a pen holder in the box lid!

Thank you for creating such a fun, high quality tool for us! It really takes tarot to another level.

shadowdancer

Hi Gillyboo. :)

Was wondering if your deck has arrived yet, and how you are finding it.

Stay happy

Davina

rwcarter

I took a class with Bill today at BATS (Bay Area Tarot Symposium) so got to see the deck in action. We broke into small groups and used the deck to create the foundation of readings for one another. The first set of readings we consciously picked our spread cards while the second set of readings we picked them randomly. In both cases the spread cards provided a useful basis for the card interpretations that followed.

Had this deck been around 10-15 years ago when I did a lot more readings and created a lot more spreads, I would've been all over it. I don't do that many readings at this point in my tarot journey, so the DSD will unfortunately sit on the shelf. But I think that folks who do lots of readings, especially professionally in venues where the readings need to be fairly quick will find this a quite useful tool to add to their practice.

Rodney

shadowdancer

A big hi to you Rodney, and everyone else at BATS :)

Sadly I am on the other side of the planet, and attendance is out of the question for me.

I am pleased though, that this deck is going down well. I think Bill deserves a bit of return by way of reward for all the work he put into it.

Like you, I have used both systems for readings - either selecting consciously or shuffling and drawing blind so to speak. Each time the right cards for the question have come out.

I do plan on using it at the festival here in Christchurch next month. There are a handful of questions that account for around 80% of the readings, and so have a section of cards indexed ready for use. I will post back with feedback after the festival, but if anyone is on the fence about this deck, I can say it is something that can be of value if you enjoy bespoke spreads.

Davina