Online reading

Magpie72

Hi all, I was hoping for some advice, I did an online tarot card reading which I have never done before, I had 3 cards the fool, the magician and the high priestess, the person who sent the reading told me I would meet someone in the next two months but that i needed to call her for more information. It's £1.53 per minute and I would be willing to pay this for a reading but it has made me dubious as she has sent me another message this morning urging me to call her or I could miss out. I'm not a sceptic when it comes to the cards but the idea of someone reading my cards online I am a little unsure about especially as the high priestess in the past to me has had little connection to love and more about me learning about myself? Should I be dubious?

nisaba

Welcome to the forum.

Hi all, I was hoping for some advice, I did an online tarot card reading which I have never done before, I had 3 cards the fool, the magician and the high priestess, the person who sent the reading told me I would meet someone in the next two months but that i needed to call her for more information. It's £1.53 per minute and I would be willing to pay this for a reading but it has made me dubious as she has sent me another message this morning urging me to call her or I could miss out.

It sounds as if he or she peeled the top three cards off a brand-new deck in order, without shuffling. I myself would tend not to see the combination of those three cards as a meeting, but as being more about your inner spiritual life. If she is urging you to ring with a price-per-minute, it sounds like a money-making scheme, where he or she will talk slowly and hesitantly to chew up the minutes and encourage you to talk a lot also to increase the length of the call.

I'm not a sceptic when it comes to the cards but the idea of someone reading my cards online
I read online, but by email, and I charge a flat rate, not by the minute. Charging by the minute leaves itself open to manipulating you and stretching the time of the call unnecessarily. It's your choice, though.

I am a little unsure about especially as the high priestess in the past to me has had little connection to love and more about me learning about myself? Should I be dubious?

You are right to be sceptical. And those are the first three cards of an unshuffled deck, is even more odd. In decades of reading cards, I've never shuffled a deck and had those three come out together, let alone in the same order. Did she even bother to explain why she thought those cards meant what she said? I thought not. If someone is not explaining how what they say relates to the cards in front of them, I'd be careful.

Apollonia

Yes, you should be dubious and cut this person off. An ethical reader will give you the full answer to your question for the quoted amount, and will never tell you that you need to call them or you will miss out. That is ridiculous, and I agree that those cards have little to do with meeting someone.

Magpie72

Thanks

I didn't think about them being the first cards! But yeah I definately agree to what you have said, thanks both for the resurrance, I won't be calling the number! I will be a bit more careful in choosing my reader in the future :)

Owl Tarot

Hi all, I was hoping for some advice, I did an online tarot card reading which I have never done before, I had 3 cards the fool, the magician and the high priestess, the person who sent the reading told me I would meet someone in the next two months but that i needed to call her for more information. It's £1.53 per minute and I would be willing to pay this for a reading but it has made me dubious as she has sent me another message this morning urging me to call her or I could miss out. I'm not a sceptic when it comes to the cards but the idea of someone reading my cards online I am a little unsure about especially as the high priestess in the past to me has had little connection to love and more about me learning about myself? Should I be dubious?

I would advice you to always be skeptic about the readers. When I read, I try to give the whole answer in my e-mail and then answer any questions there are. If she urged you to call her, she may be trying to make you dependant of her reading. Be both skeptic and cautious because this field of work has got too many loonies and frauds to handle. The previous answers are nice as well.

If you want a free reading by me to see how e-mail readings can be done and to get some more experience to how to approach the issue, you could visit my thread in "Reading Exchange", post your question after reading my Opening Post, pm me as well and compare the reading I will do to the one a reader trying to manipulate you would do.