Can a Death or the World Outcome ever be Reversed ?

gregory

Very cruel, if you consider that it seems to be part of human nature to form attachments-whether to people, places, or things....
How is it more cruel than the belief in predestination and that our fate is set in stone ? At least with the Buddha's way we have the choice to let go...

Nikita_

The Devil card represents attachment...the attachments begin to live you because of the powers you invest in them. I don't think there is any kind of "healthy" attachment. You don't have to be "attached" to something for it to be with you. In a relationship when we "attach" to each other it is called a symbiotic relationship which is the Devil. You can love without possessing. In fact possessing is the opposite of love. Attachment is a compulsive need. That compulsive need causes suffering. If you let the bird go free it will come back.....and they do if for no other reason than to thank you.

This is a very complex issue, in my view. It can be argued that love is a form of attachment, and not necessarily negative. And when we love someone and we lose that person-maybe through death-I think it is human and inevitable to feel a devastating pain at the thought of permanent separation. I wouldn't consider it " normal " to see someone who loses a loved one without experiencing pain at the loss..

Nikita_

How is it more cruel than the belief in predestination and that our fate is set in stone ? At least with the Buddha's way we have the choice to let go...

It's not a simple choice, and one that comes natural to human beings, it's bloody hard work....it almost seems against our very nature...

Ruby Jewel

This is a very complex issue, in my view. It can be argued that love is a form of attachment, and not necessarily negative. And when we love someone and we lose that person-maybe through death-I think it is human and inevitable to feel a devastating pain at the thought of permanent separation. I wouldn't consider it " normal " to see someone who loses a loved one without experiencing pain at the loss..

The pain is from our projections of fear about death. Death is normal. Fear and regret are in our minds. You have to let the person go. They need to go on. Consciousness does not die...only the body. It is the body we attach to.

Nikita_

The more mundane, practical question concerning this matter is : we have been discussing in talking tarot the issue of whether tarot can foretell the future or not, and the general view seems to be that, as the future is not set or fixed, it is very difficult to pin it down. Following from this, as good outcomes can be turned into negative ones, in theory the opposite should also be possible...so I was just considering the possibility that even a Death or the World outcome could change, although my experience tells me otherwise..... let's assume for a moment that Death and the World are indeed about endings, and not transition or transformation like someone suggested. Aside from the purely academic, philosophical question regarding the nature of Death, I wonder if, in practice, in readings, anyone has experienced a " resurrection " or rebirth of a situation where Death or the World had come up previously….

Ruby Jewel

The more mundane, practical question concerning this matter is : we have been discussing in talking tarot the issue of whether tarot can foretell the future or not, and the general view seems to be that, as the future is not set or fixed, it is very difficult to pin it down. Following from this, as good outcomes can be turned into negative ones, in theory the opposite should also be possible...so I was just considering the possibility that even a Death or the World outcome could change, although my experience tells me otherwise..... let's assume for a moment that Death and the World are indeed about endings, and not transition or transformation like someone suggested. Aside from the purely academic, philosophical question regarding the nature of Death, I wonder if, in practice, in readings, anyone has experienced a " resurrection " or rebirth of a situation where Death or the World had come up previously….

I don't predict the future with tarot cards or in any other way. The future doesn't exist except as NOW and by then it is gone. The Death card doesn't predict death. It is a lesson on how to deal with death, and there is only one right way to deal with death: let go of life. If you choose to struggle and try to hang on, you will suffer greatly, and still lose in the end. It is your body you are trying to hold onto....but your consciousness escapes.....and now, it is free. That is what I see happening at death. Holding on is pointless suffering. The Death card says "just let it go". In a way you could call it transformation, but it is not the same personality or the same body anymore. I would be more inclined to say that you were "transformed into" this life than to say that death is a transformation..... because, consciousness came first. We don't come out of nothing and we don't go back to nothing. We are awareness, consciousness........love. That's all we get to take with us, and that is because we had it coming into this lifetime.

re-pete-a

The pain is from our projections of fear about death. Death is normal. Fear and regret are in our minds. You have to let the person go. They need to go on. Consciousness does not die...only the body. It is the body we attach to.

The body is form...form we keep for a short while ...

The Pain is produced to shake the ego's grip loose...

The body is an ego anchor ...that Ego attachment is the glue to this reality... It keeps it very personal...No ego , no density of body ... no worldly attachments

If one can get used to Letting Go...The ego's hold is lessened, the transition time is shortened considerably...the suffering greatly lessened...

These are the reasons behind the sufferings in this world...This is also the reason for the sufferings caused by relationship problems...

The outer worlds affairs are there to keep attentions totally transfixed ...

Hence the reason for the number 1 card in the majors, The Magician...

Hotel California song...."We're all just prisoners here, of our own devise..."

It's been stated before... This world is a penal colony for obsessed Ego's...

The Death card is not final...not in relationships , not in life , not in anything...

re-pete-a

A simple answer is "Yes."

There are no proofs available ...

Which leaves you feeling the same way as you started ... assuming...

Ruby Jewel

The body is form...form we keep for a short while ...

The Pain is produced to shake the ego's grip loose...

The body is an ego anchor ...that Ego attachment is the glue to this reality... It keeps it very personal...No ego , no density of body ... no worldly attachments

If one can get used to Letting Go...The ego's hold is lessened, the transition time is shortened considerably...the suffering greatly lessened...

These are the reasons behind the sufferings in this world...This is also the reason for the sufferings caused by relationship problems...

The outer worlds affairs are there to keep attentions totally transfixed ...

Hence the reason for the number 1 card in the majors, The Magician...

Hotel California song...."We're all just prisoners here, of our own devise..."

It's been stated before... This world is a penal colony for obsessed Ego's...

The Death card is not final...not in relationships , not in life , not in anything...

I sometimes think we are born into this world just to learn how to die. Personal loss is something we have to accept over and over again during this lifetime. The Death card is about letting go of material things....including this form we live in.

Nikita_

The Death card doesn't predict death. It is a lesson on how to deal with death, and there is only one right way to deal with death: let go of life. If you choose to struggle and try to hang on, you will suffer greatly, and still lose in the end. That is what I see happening at death. Holding on is pointless suffering. The Death card says "just let it go".

All this, which is very true, can refer to physical death, as well as any other situation in life....which har run its course, come to a natural end.